1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improvised Enclosures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Robchops101, May 30, 2018.

1. Robchops101

Robchops101 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hey All,

Not sure if anyone here remembers me, I have been away from the forums for quite some time and even when I was a "regular" I wasn't the most active user.

Anyways (re)introductions out of the way I thought it would be interesting to start a thread on improvised enclosures. I personally tend to find great inspiration in most fish sections at my LPS. My motto tends to be the worse it is for fish the better it is for Ts. Recently I found some Betta tanks that make perfect Arboreal enclosures for S'lings/Juvies. These are clearly far too small for any fish to adequately live in, but for small tarantulas they make great enclosures and are relatively cheap. I also like using Fish Breeding boxes for my smaller terrestrial s'lings.

If you have some weird improvised enclosures that you like to use post them below!

Attached Files:

2. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    I've got a betta tank or two like that, but the utility of the AMAC box has won out in my house...they are usually a bit taller, and often more secure with fewer required modifications (solder some holes, done!).

3. Robchops101

Robchops101 Arachnopeon

Those AMAC boxes look pretty awesome as well, I may have to pick up a couple and try them out.

4. TheInv4sion

TheInv4sion Arachnobaron Active Member

The fact that those tanks are intended for fish actually hurts me. Nice improv tho. I always just use plastic storage containers from home depot or the dollar store to be honest.