Impressive Natural Looking T setups

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been following this outfit for some time. They are by no means the only group that makes setups like this, just one of a few that I think do a very good job.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMZufaGb1mbfQ0Wzpdp6Ozg
I stumbled across their balfouri enclosure awhile back, I love these, but I don't have room enough to make these beautiful enclosures. That and I don't really want to deal with live plants. Someday though... someday...

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
would like to set up a viv some day, but not for a good while. plants are just another thing i dont want to worry about.

rally

Arachnosquire
I have a penchant for planted aquariums, so no surprise that I adore those setups. I swear I will have planted out T tanks soon.

Edit: except for maybe the p.murinus enclosures

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I understand that a lot of people seek for their Theraphosidae the best, and possibly near to a natural one, looking enclosure but seriously, IMO live plants are only asking for troubles for 99% of enthusiasts.

rally

Arachnosquire
It will be an experiment then. It'll be fun to see what L.parahybana will do with a plant :smug:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The hairs don't really impact me much, it's different for every one. It's pretty easy, once it's in the enclosure it isn't really a problem, rehouses are really the only time anything can happen.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a penchant for planted aquariums, so no surprise that I adore those setups. I swear I will have planted out T tanks soon.

Edit: except for maybe the p.murinus enclosures
I'm in the same boat as you. Although, I can't have live plants with my severums. My lady has the green thumb with planted tanks and the types of fish for that. They are just so soothing to the eyes.

I'm currently doing extensive research on finding that middle ground soil, lighting situations and what types of plants I can use.

I currently have an A. Geniculata with three pothos in the corner and a pothos stuffed S. dehaani viv. It's not enough for me. I want that nice lush look of real plants, fake doesn't compare.

rally

Arachnosquire
I'm in the same boat as you. Although, I can't have live plants with my severums. My lady has the green thumb with planted tanks and the types of fish for that. They are just so soothing to the eyes.

I'm currently doing extensive research on finding that middle ground soil, lighting situations and what types of plants I can use.

I currently have an A. Geniculata with three pothos in the corner and a pothos stuffed S. dehaani viv. It's not enough for me. I want that nice lush look of real plants, fake doesn't compare.
I hear you--it's hard to find a balance for heavy trafficking animals like cichlids. I have a 300 gallon goldfish tank I've desperately tried to plant; they just laugh at me and eat/smash everything. I know it can work, you just have to have everything established before adding fish and I missed that train.

Let me know if you (I'm looking as well) find a low-growing, low-light carpet plant that would work with a T setup. Everything I've found is stuff that really likes relatively moist ground..which might not be an issue for tropical Ts like it would usually be, due to the filtering nature of plants (would prevent stagnant air, mold, etc)--it would have to be really heavily planted for it to work, I think, but I'd sure like to try it. Nothing beats having a display habitat that looks like it was cut right out of nature and plunked in your house.

RMJ

Arachnosquire
My Avicularia Versicolour vivarium, Built and planted by David at ddreptiles. :)
IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0392.JPG