I'm worried

GDUB

Arachnopeon
I'm afraid my A. geniculata injured itself during re-housing. Without touching down on its new substrate, it crawled from the glass of one enclosure to the next during the move, and sat vertical against the glass (it is never done this). It appeared to be oozing clear liquid where the coxa meets the sternum. Later, it moved to the opposite side of the enclosure, even higher up but no more leakage. Although I'm glad it is no longer oozing and is mobile, I now want to ease it down to the substrate but am afraid to move it if it is injured. I also wonder if it senses that the substrate is too moist, and it is staying off of it. Or - if its also going through "re-housing shock". Seems like it normally should be exploring it's new digs; it has done considerable redecorating in the past. My photo shows a drop of exudate; it also leaked some down the side of the enclosure. Anyone have experience with this? IMG_1563.JPG

Thekla

Arachnoprince
If the rehousing went smoothly, I don't see how it could've been injured. I'm pretty sure that drop is just regurgitated liquid from its mouth. Ts sometimes do this for grooming or other unknown reasons.
As for clinging to sides, just make sure there's not too much height. It's probably still settling in, and yes, if the enclosure is too moist for its liking it won't come down right now. You could try to put another layer of dry substrate on top or just let it dry out if it's not too bad. Pictures of the whole enclosure would help. ;)

Other than that just give it time and let it settle in. There's no rule of what Ts do and don't do after rehousing.

GDUB

Arachnopeon
I will continue to watch it closely. The drop seemed to originate from below the mouth where you see it. because its body was pressed against the glass, which makes me the think the fluid originated from the body. There was also a thin stream of fluid that had run down the side below it in addition to the drop that you see. In addition, there was some jostling during the re-housing. It has now moved off the glass and has sat immobile on the substrate all morning. Still hasn't ventured towards its new hide.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I will continue to watch it closely. The drop seemed to originate from below the mouth where you see it. because its body was pressed against the glass, which makes me the think the fluid originated from the body. There was also a thin stream of fluid that had run down the side below it in addition to the drop that you see. In addition, there was some jostling during the re-housing. It has now moved off the glass and has sat immobile on the substrate all morning. Still hasn't ventured towards its new hide.
Might just be water then lol, could've splashed a bit when you refilled the dish.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Like all the responders have stated, not to worry about the liquid. Just FYI, hemolymph, which would be leaking due to an injury, is not clear. So, rest assured.

GDUB

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Thekia, here's a photo of the enclosure. Re-housed from 8"x8" Exo-Terra nano to 12"x12" IMG_1564.JPG mini-wide. (T is 4"). Yes, these enclosures are too tall - it never climbed before yesterday.

GDUB

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Thekia, here's a photo of the enclosure. Re-housed from 8"x8" Exo-Terra nano to 12"x12" View attachment 288781 mini-wide. (T is 4"). Yes, these enclosures are too tall - it never climbed before yesterday.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Thekia, here's a photo of the enclosure. Re-housed from 8"x8" Exo-Terra nano to 12"x12" View attachment 288781 mini-wide. (T is 4"). Yes, these enclosures are too tall - it never climbed before yesterday.
NEWS Flash: Feeling much better - checked again after four hours away - seems to back to its old self. Half-buried its new water dish and went into the new hide. Yahoo!

GDUB

Arachnopeon
NEWS Flash: I'm feeling much better about this: checked again after four hours away - seems to be back to its old self. Half-buried its new water dish, and went into the new hide. Yahoo! Although genics are voracious eaters (including mine), I'll give it a couple more settling days before feeding.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Sub depth still looks low. With a mini wide you would want 6" of vertical space for your tarantula and since the sub looks to be below the lock, I'm guessing you have about 4" worth of sub, if that.