I'm trying to find some reputable tarantula breeder or vendors.

Jacob Thibodaux

Arachnosquire
I've had very experiences buying online. I want to get more but I need to find some better dealers. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
You can look at the reviews on the website to see what people say about it. There are so many details to keep straight about this hobby, and well, with buying and shipping that is the case also.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/law-on-shipping-live-invertebrates.291310/
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/br...and-demand-and-getting-things-illegal.175511/

Basically- be aware of the laws around shipping Ts. Buy from reputable dealers, pay attention to any state laws, look into how it is shipped as some forms of shipping are permitted and others are not. There ARE people on the AB classifieds selling Ts to Americans who are NOT IN THE US, WHICH IS ILLEGAL without the proper documentation. So be aware of all of this!

Jacob Thibodaux

Arachnosquire
You can look at the reviews on the website to see what people say about it. There are so many details to keep straight about this hobby, and well, with buying and shipping that is the case also.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/law-on-shipping-live-invertebrates.291310/
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/br...and-demand-and-getting-things-illegal.175511/

Basically- be aware of the laws around shipping Ts. Buy from reputable dealers, pay attention to any state laws, look into how it is shipped as some forms of shipping are permitted and others are not. There ARE people on the AB classifieds selling Ts to Americans who are NOT IN THE US, WHICH IS ILLEGAL without the proper documentation. So be aware of all of this!
Thanks for the info.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Arachnoiden. I might as well become a billboard. I've bought from them twice, and had stellar experiences both times. First of all, the packaging is great. Both packages arrived with no DOAs, all the Ts spry and happy. Second of all, if you buy $200 worth of specimens, they ship for free. Which is a big deal considering how expensive shipping tarantulas can be. Third of all? Incredible freebies. My first order came with a free Pamphobeteus sling, the second order came with two freebies: H. incei Gold and N. tripepii.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the info.
Yep! There are lots of solid folks out there. I have had great experiences with Anastasiya at net-bug and people say good things about Jamie's Tatantulas, Fear Not Tarantulas. Then there's classifieds where you can find others! Good luck to you!

Jacob Thibodaux

Arachnosquire
Arachnoiden. I might as well become a billboard. I've bought from them twice, and had stellar experiences both times. First of all, the packaging is great. Both packages arrived with no DOAs, all the Ts spry and happy. Second of all, if you buy $200 worth of specimens, they ship for free. Which is a big deal considering how expensive shipping tarantulas can be. Third of all? Incredible freebies. My first order came with a free Pamphobeteus sling, the second order came with two freebies: H. incei Gold and N. tripepii.[/QUOTGreat info that you
Arachnoiden. I might as well become a billboard. I've bought from them twice, and had stellar experiences both times. First of all, the packaging is great. Both packages arrived with no DOAs, all the Ts spry and happy. Second of all, if you buy $200 worth of specimens, they ship for free. Which is a big deal considering how expensive shipping tarantulas can be. Third of all? Incredible freebies. My first order came with a free Pamphobeteus sling, the second order came with two freebies: H. incei Gold and N. tripepii.
Great info, thank you. You seem to know you're stuff so I'll definitely kept them in mind thanks again.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Hey where are they located? Sounds like a good place to know about. I put AGREE for a response at first, but meant to put like so I changed it! Oops.

BC1579

Arachnobaron
There’s a wonderful local dealer called the Caffeinated Spider. They can be reached through this board by messaging @CaffeinatedSpider or emailing them at TheCaffeinatedSpider@gmail.com.

They’re a small operation, but apparently based in Denham Springs. They are very cool and I have dealt with them. I cannot recommend them enough.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I've had very experiences buying online. I want to get more but I need to find some better dealers. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Don't overlook our Classifieds section. You'll find lots of tarantulas for sale by businesses and hobbyists. (You can't post replies in the Classifieds section. Contact the seller by sending a private message or using whatever contact method is specified in the thread or on the reviews page.)

Whether you're buying from someone here or another Web site, you should read reviews here before ordering. (When you're reading a classified ad, you can quickly find the seller's review page by clicking the user name and then clicking "Reviews & Reports Page.")

Google is another way to find red flags, but I would disregard positive reviews on any site where the company being reviewed has editorial control (for example, on the company's Web site or on a Facebook page owned or moderated by the company).

Last edited:

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I third arachnoiden. Net-bug.net is also great, although a bit pricey for some things. There are lots of trustworthy folks in the for sale forum here too.

tjs028

Arachnopeon
I've done several orders from Jamie's Trantulas. All were shipped well and healthy. Jamie's also has a really good DOA policy which is always reassuring.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Sarcasm:the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.Also,Friday night and feeling
good about not having to work this weekend.

OP,er, Backwater has a hard time shipping reptiles that are healthy,never mind T,s.It was meant as
a joke.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Highly recommend Jamie’s tarantula. Bought all my 3 tarantulas there so far!

1. 1/2” Brachypelma hamorii
2. 3/4” Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
3. 1/2” Lasiodora difficilis

Good packaging, healthy tarantulas, great feedback responses.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
Any place you're buying from should list the Latin names. Check the arachnoboards reviews. Check the shipping policy and email with any questions (i.e., how are they ascertaining their T's are 'adults', etc) and gauge their knowledge/receptiveness to learning about T's. Things like males and females being the same price is a red flag. Backwater reptiles has multiple testimonials from customers who gush about feeding their T's mice, that's a red flag to me too because they seem to be saying 'you can do gross sadistic things with these spiders.'

I'm not going to recommend one because there's probably dozens of good ones but they all carry different stock. Hopefully this can help you decide for yourself if a dealer with the T you want is reputable.

great feedback responses.
"The cricket was cut into pieces and slightly smushed to perfection. The water was lackluster; mere water in an overturned plastic bottle cap. However, the provided coco fiber garnish and a homemade bolus left in the dish overnight really made this beverage stand out."