1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terrified of spiders

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by SkittleBunny, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnobaron

USA
    Advertisement
    One thing that helped me was following this one person on Insta who lives in Australia. She keeps and handles huntsman and while I think it's a bad idea due to their speed, I love them now. The ones she has are a tan color I love and I really want an H. davidbowie. Fluffy orange little spoods.

The legginess used to bother me so much! Huntsman were the spiders that took me the longest to stop actually fearing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I follow Tarni too. She's done loads for spiders. Her pupils are so fortunate to have a teacher like that.

3. MintyWood826

USA
    Agreed, but I only recently discovered her account.

Just looked through #freddyfourlegs and he was such an adorable four-legged huntsman.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VolkswagenBug

VolkswagenBug Arachnobaron Active Member

Utah
    Oh yeah, H. davidbowie is basically on the top of my spider wishlist, only outclassed by Euathlus sp. "Red".

5. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Somebody's selling them in the classified right now - if you're willing to pay the price.

6. VolkswagenBug

Utah
    I'm in between jobs, unfortunately (should be working again in late August). Timing really sucks. :(

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. basin79

"The next time you're in the bath I'll be waiting for you to close your eyes. Mwaaaaaaaahohohoho"

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Olan

Olan Arachnolord Old Timer

I could really use some wild huntsman spiders around the house to help with the New Orleans roach infestation

9. VolkswagenBug

Utah
    Are those as cool as the typical roaches found in the American South? If so, I could maybe deal with them for you. ;)

10. Olan

Olan Arachnolord Old Timer

Periplaneta americana. Growing to ludicrous sizes. Not cool at all

11. VolkswagenBug

Utah
    Oh, more boring than I'd hoped. I'm hopefully doing some research on them later this year, though, so perhaps that'll enhance my opinion.

12. Hilabeanz

Hilabeanz Arachnopeon

Texas
    This. This is a fantastic beast. I absolutely love her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BennyBTamachi

BennyBTamachi Arachnosquire

China
    I grew up in a place full of Heteropoda venatoria spiders (one of the huntsman spiders I guess), they can get pretty big, and what freaked me out the most was the fact that they live in the house AND you can find them pretty much anywhere in the damn house (inside the toilet paper, behind the coffee machine, etc.) so often when you see them your hand is aldeady few inches away... It's kind of spooking! So the fact that it's always in the most unexpected places that you see them plus that they are super fast (and can jump) make them really scary. I quickly became fascinated by them though.

Besides. we also have plenty of Nephila Inaurata spiders, even bigger than the H.venatoria, but they stay in their web up in the trees and are quite slower, so they never really scared me as much. They are really beautiful spiders and build awesome web.

• Like Like x 2
  14. basin79

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. basin79

I know I'm posting a lot of pics etcetera and acting daft I do understand that many really are genuinely frightened of spiders but that doesn't mean the fear is justified.

Many have and do get over their fear of spiders so don't give up but instead give them a chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnoknight Active Member

China
    I don't really know what's going on with there true leggy and huge eyed spiders but there's something in them that touches a part of me deep inside. I don't like that feeling.

That sounds like we have to give up our souls for them... worth it, let's go!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. MintyWood826

USA
    I have news for you... :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lewis Catlin

Lewis Catlin Arachnopeon

I scream when I see true spiders in the house but I can't resist capturing them and keeping them!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

I think they want $300, but you can offer your soul, see if he wants a trade.

20. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight

US
    Looks like a miniature Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.

• Love Love x 1