I'm terrified of spiders

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I found out im terrified of true spiders... i rescued a huge lycosa from my moms house (not gonna lie I harrassed it a bit to check it out) it was reactive and hungry.. i liked that, so i put her in a jar and was about to take her outside and i looked her in the eyes.. big mistake, two huge eyes looked down at me (i was holding it up looking from below) with two long pinchy fangs and it sent chills down my spine and needless to say i put the spider outside immediately and i most likely will stay away from trues.. Tarantulas are much..much cuter.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I’m honestly pretty much the same. Owning T’s has helped but yeah.....I don’t really like small bugs. Well, wolf spiders and huntsmans terrify me too.

Zevil

Arachnosquire
I used to catch jumping spiders as a kid. And since then I love spiders in general but my least favorite are the huntsman.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I found out im terrified of true spiders... i rescued a huge lycosa from my moms house (not gonna lie I harrassed it a bit to check it out) it was reactive and hungry.. i liked that, so i put her in a jar and was about to take her outside and i looked her in the eyes.. big mistake, two huge eyes looked down at me (i was holding it up looking from below) with two long pinchy fangs and it sent chills down my spine and needless to say i put the spider outside immediately and i most likely will stay away from trues.. Tarantulas are much..much cuter.

Not the same species but a huntsman. She was an adult female Heteropoda lunula I used to own.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
Had a small cricket escape yesterday. When searching the basement room I store them in, I found a big spider molt and was really confused at first since I checked on all my Ts just before.

Then I realized it was no T but some "normal" spider. Even though it was interesting it was a little bit creepy, since it was bigger than most of my slings and this is Germany where the animal world is supposed to be cute and harmless, not Australia where even hamsters are venomous.

At least I probably don't have to worry too much about the escaped crickets ...

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
I breed fruit flies as feeders and as a result I have an over abundance of various true spiders in my basement. They used to freak me out big time but they do a great job of cleaning up any flies that go rogue. So... I made a deal with them. I went down there one day and said that as long as you guys don’t spin webs under the toilet seat we’re cool. If you do you’re out of here. So far so good.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Gorgeous and impressive spider....but, these still just something about them. Lol

It's the leg structure, I think. They look a little like something that would spring out of the eggs in the cargo hold of a derelict alien spacecraft and attach to your face. At least that is what I find different about them. But I'm not at all repulsed.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
There are a few that look rather icky (not big on cellar spiders), but I think most of them are cute.
Tarantulas are generally more cutely proportioned, as they're more compact, so that's understandable too. (Also why jumping spiders are so adorable.)
Don't relax too much. Remember they're watching you!!!!!!!

What kind of spider is that?

basin79

ArachnoGod
There are a few that look rather icky (not big on cellar spiders), but I think most of them are cute.
Tarantulas are generally more cutely proportioned, as they're more compact, so that's understandable too. (Also why jumping spiders are so adorable.)

What kind of spider is that?
Cellar spiders are fantastic.

She was a Deinopis sp aka ogre faced spider/gladiator spider/net casting spider.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Cellar spiders are fantastic.

She was a Deinopis sp aka ogre faced spider/gladiator spider/net casting spider.
Cellar spiders still bother me because their legs are so long and thin, but that one has a nice coloration.