I'm officially a grandma!

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Very cool! Try raising the heat/moisture to help them molt.

I tend to get smaller broods/more stressed out mothers when they give birth in captivity. Usually I separate gravid looking females a few weeks before I think they will give birth. But sometimes you miss some smaller mothers who give you that surprise brood ;)
Yeah I'd had them like 2 weeks, maybe less when I woke to a brood and they were my first scorpions so. Surprise!! I had no idea what to look for as far as gravid females go. I was suspicious because she seemed chubbier but not by much. She didn't look absurdly gravid the way I've seen some scorpion mommas look.

I set her next to my mini fridge which gives off some warmth and finally the babies have begun to molt and separate from momma. Only three have left her back so far, and I've already got those three in their own enclosures.

Last edited:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
So the VERY LAST scorpling left mama today, making it about 26 or 27 from this brood. I got it into one of the containers and decided to reintroduce mama to the communal. My plan was to take ALL the scorpions out, rearrange the enclosure, then introduce mama first and then all the others right after her. I thought that might throw them off so they wouldn't immediately attack her.

I got the males out easy enough, then started looking for the females. Found 'em.

Guess we're doing this again.

It only could have been funnier if the other female had a brood too, right? But I think she is gravid as well so...soon, I suppose.

This time I took out all the non-brood carrying scorpions, and left mama-2 undisturbed in the communal tank.

The females are by themselves in the cups above, the two males are together in a small KK.