I'm fed up with Hottentotta spec.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got home to check...and female cabo is stiff...:(
Sorry to hear that, have you changed your conditions at all?

If you do what I said you should be fine...

Pandinus had the same problem, he took my adivce now all his desert species are thriving :)

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
True. Just shows that many "climates" can work. But, I live in a desert area which I'm sure has a lot to do with it too whereas people who live in Washington or Oregon or other states with really high humidity would have a more difficult time with desert species and do really well with the forest species. My thermometers are at 80 now.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
True. Just shows that many "climates" can work. But, I live in a desert area which I'm sure has a lot to do with it too whereas people who live in Washington or Oregon or other states with really high humidity would have a more difficult time with desert species and do really well with the forest species. My thermometers are at 80 now.
I live in the south and humidity is always 80+, plus i have a pond in front of my house and a creek behind my house, so it can spike to 100% easily.

I have no problem at all with raising desert species, one of the most hardy species I think is hottentotta...I keep some outside due to shortage on space and they live just fine in 80+ humidity and temps around 92...

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's really cool! I bet the forest species would really thrive at our place with those natural temps and humidity.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's really cool! I bet the forest species would really thrive at our place with those natural temps and humidity.
They sure do...

I don't keep many though, my brother is the tropcial guy, and he took most the tityus/centruroides/heterometrus when he went back to college. I keep the desert species and select centruroides species. Might not sound like alot but hey..when you have 15 orthochirus give birth you try feeding 70 instar 2 orthochirus :)

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah...did so, but she gave up the ghost :(
On the bright side, the younger cabo juz molted to 5th...the last 2 tat is

And yea, i can imagine the 70 baby otos to feed ;P

Javi

Arachnopeon
I dunno why but to me they are purely a waste of money and time and not ot mention effort. They just roll over and die.
Wasted so much money in obtaining them and they just screw up and die like flies.
Keep them dry, they die, keep them partially wet and they still die.
i have to check on them everyday and is definitely a demoralizing species to me...sometimes to the verge of giving up entirely :wall:
if they had not cost me a 100bux each, i'd swat them myself :mad:
Bruh H scorpions are expensive in ur place???? Damn they are probably one of the cheapest here they cost like 2 dollars here. And thats a grown adult! And they are actually easy to caere for from what i know.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Bruh H scorpions are expensive in ur place???? Damn they are probably one of the cheapest here they cost like 2 dollars here. And thats a grown adult! And they are actually easy to caere for from what i know.
This thread is 12 years old. Things change in over a decade.