Ike's Passing

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello everyone. Yes, my beautiful little beauty I loved so well passed this week. He died of a failed molt. It was what I thought might come but I had hoped, as many of you did, that he would pull through as always.

He struggled for hours, a day and a half, to get out of his old exo and partially made it but in the end did not have enough strength to pull out his fangs and chalicerae. I tried to assist him to no avail and he moved on from my hands to the world of spirit. I miss him terribly but know he will always be with me.

Thanks to Josh for the great assistance and knowledge he offered in assisting Ike, to Corranthe, and so many others for always rooting for him and supporting me in doing so. We are a small group, we lovers of the eight-leggeds and I feel loved and understood by so many of you.

Thanks so much all of you from both me and of course, from Ike. I know you knew his heart and if you see a little A chal hanging around in spirit, just know it is Ike dropping in to say hello and wave eight little toes at you.
-Sydney

Last edited:

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wish i could have helped more. ther eis only so much you can do over the phone. i wish i could have met ike.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm so very sorry to hear that Sydney. You tried the best you could but it wasnt meant to be. You both fought so hard over your time together so you will have many memories of the lovely wee guy.

RIP Ike :(

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aw, Syd...*BIG HUG*
I so loved reading about Ike's adventures. Bad molts happen sometimes, but I think it's incredible that you gave him a second chance at life. You're a very special keeper and I wish you all the best.
(I'm extremely emotional today and I'm getting all teary-eyed just typing this)
Please feel free to talk to me whenever you want, my PM box is always open. :eek:

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just the fact that you nurtured ike for that long and brought him back to good health says alot about who you are sydney. most people would have given up long before or even never tried. that is very admirable and i would trust you with any spider. when you are feeling better and want to get out, give me a call or something. ill take you out to find some T's in the wild. take care Sydney.

-josh

Devendra

Arachnopeon
(I'm extremely emotional today and I'm getting all teary-eyed just typing this)
I'm having the same thing go on - the original post made me teary. I'm so sorry for your loss. I truly dread the day one of mine leaves me.

At least we can all say, he was loved while he was here =)

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am sorry for your loss, hang in there and know that you did your best. Take care.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The support you all give me is priceless. I still miss him. Incredible how the little guy changed so much about my life. Love is like that...

Thanks so much.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm so sorry to hear about Ike. You guys bonded so strongly. He'll always remain in your heart.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
~sigh~

I used to love all of the pictures. Ike reminded me of my hamster the way he would hang out in a slipper, or just relax in a hand. I envy the relationship you had with him as it always seemed like he was a true house pet. I'll bet that since he was WC (well, more like "wild saved") he has brothers and sisters running around where you found him. All you have to do is go for a walk and you will likely meet up with a few. That certainly sounds like it would be cathertic for you.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used to love all of the pictures. Ike reminded me of my hamster the way he would hang out in a slipper, or just relax in a hand. I envy the relationship you had with him as it always seemed like he was a true house pet. I'll bet that since he was WC (well, more like "wild saved") he has brothers and sisters running around where you found him. All you have to do is go for a walk and you will likely meet up with a few. That certainly sounds like it would be cathertic for you.
WOW! I never thought of that. Sac mates, I'll do it and will let you know...

I'd forgotten about his slipper. He was so sweet in it, would stay there for days. Thanks for the memory and the suggestion.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sorry Syd. At least you know he had the best possible keeper and care.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I send my condolences, Sydney. I'm so sorry about him. I loved reading your threads about it, and you did a great thing. He will never be replaced, but hopefully you can be distracted with all the sacs you may be getting.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I send my condolences, Sydney. I'm so sorry about him. I loved reading your threads about it, and you did a great thing. He will never be replaced, but hopefully you can be distracted with all the sacs you may be getting.
Thanks, Josh. Very true words. I love what Corranthe said about his siblings roaming the yard and I will be on the lookout this summer.

Thanks again.