If you discovered a species, what would you name it?

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
Something completely random. My favorite gene is sonic the hedgehog. Scientist who discovered it loved sonic so now we have a whole class of hedgehog genes.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
T ellenanticus (not really, I'd name by locale found also).

(Wish I'd thought of that as my screenname though...).

Minty

@londontarantulas
T ellenanticus (not really, I'd name by locale found also).

(Wish I'd thought of that as my screenname though...).
If someone named Emily signs up and doesn't take Brachypelma emily as her username, I'll be disappointed.

Edit: Or even Brachypelma emilio, for a bloke.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brachypelma/Poecilotheria/Granmowhatever/etc donotremovefromwildi

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I don't know how I would word it, but if I did find a new species and give it a name, it would be in the Homoeomma or Aphonopelma genus and the name would probably pay homage to my uncle who passed in 2015 of cancer.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would use Latin/Greek rootwords to create a descriptive moniker describing the experience/locale. It would be meaningful to me and probably nonsensical to everyone else.

Just note:
One can't name species after themself.
(Technicaly can, as it is not official rule and name would still be valid, but it is respected unwritten rule and breaking it is considered very unethical and wrong.)
This!

Noah Blades

Arachnopeon
I would name it something that doesn't make any sense just to make people have to say it when they sell the. Like "would you like to purchase this adult female P. jigglebits.?" or M. brownandhairy.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Aphonopelma clarkgriswaldi (recently described as an invasive species on the outskirts of Wallyworld).

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Just note:
One can't name species after themself.
(Technicaly can, as it is not official rule and name would still be valid, but it is respected unwritten rule and breaking it is considered very unethical and wrong.)
After reading this I would definitely name it after myself. I'm a rebel and I don't follow no stinkin' rules! I'd laugh in the faces of the disgruntled taxonomists then I'd :mooning: them! HAHAHAHAHA!...................:sorry: got a little carried away there.:embarrassed:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd name it after Donald Trump because he cares about the environment.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I'd study this specimen for month or so and name it in latin after its appearance and one interesting/unique behaviour belonging to the spider