1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could...would you?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Arthroverts, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnolord Active Member

Advertisement
    Sounds good! I've made up a chart showing the effect on our economy this policy would have.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 12.56.51 PM.png
    As you can see, there is irrefutable proof that this is the plan we should pursue.

On a side note The One Indisputable Master of My World, I just got a call from the U.N. The call kept breaking up, but what I could make out was that they weren't happy about what we are doing. Anyway, long story short, I think we need an army. I went over to talk to the Department of Defense minister, but apparently that post is "vacant". So I took it upon myself to come up with a 3-point plan to temporarily replace the brilliant mind of the minister you will doubtless appoint very soon;
    1. Achatina fulica to eat holes in warships.
    2. Giant theraphosids (I personally recommend Lasiodora parahybana over Theraphosa stirmi due to availability and cost) to scare foot soldiers, as our studies show that 9.5 out of every 10 soldiers* are deathly afraid of spiders.
    3. Phasmids because...well, just because we can keep them now!

Sincerely,

Minister of the Interior
    Head of the Department of Wildlife

(Whoopty do da...why do these print so slow...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

I was blessed by God for being born and raised in one of the most ancient and amazing nations ever: Italy.

But I would gladly move to the U.S (only in serious states like Texas, Georgia etc) only for fulfill my dream of collecting every kind of possible weapon (yeah screw T's & spoods, one moment) but then again, I would have to say 'Hard To Say I'm Sorry' everyday in front of my flag for that. Everyday :)

You are a splendid person and here in Lombardy, part of your ancestral fatherland, the door will be always open for you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnolord Active Member

Dixie
    Finland is my home away from home. The only serious consideration I have for not moving back there is my subjective lack of appreciation for the current political climate. I love everything about the place. Plus, I could easily take a train to the land of my roots, Germany, and hang out with @boina and @Thekla and talk next level stuff about tarantulas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

Love the chart, just what I was thinking when I came up with the pirates idea.

If they call back, tell them we're not home, then say "this is a recording" in a monotone. This ALWAYS works.

Your plan for a army is sound, but we also need a space force. We've got keep ahead of the US.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arthroverts

Thank you Sir! And right you are! I've got my Selenocosmia crassipes on standby to stridulate in the background to make the call sound more grainy!

Space force, space force, space force...giant mutated tardigrades?

Sincerely,

Minister of the Interior
    Head of the Department of Wildlife

(come on, finish drying!)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron Active Member

Um no. That'd be a pretty terrible reason to move to another country and I don't think it'd be worth it at all.

7. Arthroverts

I'm starting to think that I should have posted this in the Other Invertebrates forum, as a lot of the exotic species we can't get here in the US, while most tarantulas we can.
    It's good to see no one is a slave to the hobby though! I was kind of wondering how many people obsess over their collections to the point that they would go anywhere "For the T's" :hilarious:.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I feel that way about entering Friesland through the 'Afsluitdijk' again after visiting relatives. :)

I wouldn't move because of availability but I would sure love the chance to go see them in the wild!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arthroverts

O.K, so maybe a better question would be: if you could, would you go to see tarantulas/other invertebrates in the wild? If so, where would you go?

"If you could...would you? Part 2" coming soon! This one I'll keep for making sure The One Indisputable Master of My World (@SonsofArachne) approves of my work in Middle-Oceanum-Um!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

• Award Award x 1
  10. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

If I could, I would visit all continents that has Theraphosids :D