1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could combine any two species of tarantula, which would you?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Grimmdreadly, May 18, 2017.

1. Stugy

Stugy Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Here's one for @Chris LXXIX ;) Not really a combination (possible though but I don't know much about T's) but what about parthenogenetic P.muticus xD. btw just a quick question that can be answered simply but are there any parthenogenetic tarantulas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimmdreadly

Grimmdreadly Arachnopeon Active Member

That would definitely make the goddess more available

• Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. sasker

sasker Arachnosquire Active Member

Euathlus sp red with any of the Phormictopus spp. A docile tarantula that actually eats.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. sasker

sasker Arachnosquire Active Member

A massive eating machine with the speed of an N. incei...Are you insane?! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. WeightedAbyss75

WeightedAbyss75 Arachnodemon Active Member

You could be really crazy and mix an OBT with a Pampho sp. chicken spider. Then you'd have the biggest and most defensive T on the planet ;) And imagine the MM of that... :hungry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. TarantulaArvind

TarantulaArvind Arachnopeon Active Member

India
    well!! there's already one spices to fits that description perfectly..... C.cyaneopubescens. well expect for the bulkiness:rolleyes:... good coloration, nice temprament, sometimes arboreal,sometimes terrestial.:D:woot:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BobBarley

BobBarley Arachnoprince Active Member

Theraphosa stirmi mixed with Neoholothele incei -- has the stirmi size but coloration, growth speed, etc. are all from the incei.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron Active Member

Theraphosa x avicularia size + colour :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnodemon Active Member

I'm surprised no one has said [species with awful urticating hairs] + [species with no urticating hairs] = just to get red of the urticating hairs. (You know you want a Theraphosa blondi that doesn't require a hazmat suit.)

Grammostola pulchra + Poecilotheria metallica = easygoing arboreal with mild venom and pretty colors

Psalmopoeus cambridgei + Caribena versicolor = a bigger, bolder, faster versi

Theraphosa stirmi + Dolichothele diamantinensis = giant rainbow spider with no urticating hairs

Monocentropus balfouri + Pterinochilus murinus = one hilarious communal setup

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Xafron

Xafron Arachnosquire Active Member

Theraphosa blondi for it's size, and Avicularia Purpurea for it's color and temperament. The downside is the amount of poop an 11 inch Avic could shoot at you...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoprince Active Member

My thoughts exactly, only then concerning the potent venom. I'd love to keep all the baboon species, inluding their temperament, but without the potent venom.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CEC

CEC Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

MN-USA
    So wait, in a trolling thread this is wrong but in another that's hypothetical it's ok? Lol in that case, I'll take a man, a bear and a pig; Manbearpig. For serioul. Super serioul.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Jason B

Jason B Arachnosquire Active Member

Us
    H. Hercules and LP A true alternative to T. Blondi and since were pairing it with the lp they'll be given away as freebies.
    S. Satanas and LP I would also like these to be around and given away as freebies.

On a more serious note
    GBB and P. Ornata a GBB with the size and disposition of an Ornata

• Love Love x 1
  14. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnodemon Active Member

Intent matters.

This thread is obviously just for fun, with no one seriously thinking about creating hybrids.

Most of the FrankenTs being suggested could not exist anyway, being from unrelated genera that would be unable to interbreed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Grimmdreadly

Grimmdreadly Arachnopeon Active Member

We must stop Manbearpig

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. CEC

CEC Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

MN-USA
    The intent of a troll is to get you going. Like I just did there, getting you to be serious, while I giggle away. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnoknight Active Member

Ohio
    @viper69 speaks the gospel that all of us Euathlus Sp. Red worshippers follow.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  18. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight Active Member

I would like to combine A.iodus and M.balfouri....so I can find them in my theoretical "backyard".

• Like Like x 1
  19. Timc

Timc Arachnopeon Active Member

GBB and anything that could keep it small enough to retain those awesome sling colors they have. As soon as my female started showing adult colors I got the itch to get another baby.

20. Tanner Dzula

Tanner Dzula Arachnosquire Active Member

C.cyaneopubescens is beautiful, and does have the colorization of P. Met, but not the pattern or the Yellows ;).

• Like Like x 1