Idiopidae sp. ID?

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
this was sold to me as a Thyropoeus mirandus, and it's clearly not one. I bought it from 03arachnids. apparently this is common from what I understand, I know I'm not the only one this has happen too. my friend who knows about trapdoors says it could be Idiopidae. if anybody has any idea please tell me. she's about 2.5" pushing 3" not at all to defensive, but did bite my paint brush a few.
IMG_3986.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
It’s from Madagascar?
I don’t know. I’d would assume so, because that’s the only way I could think of these two species getting mixed up. Because apparently my situation isn’t the only one. There’s a guy on Instagram with the same species I got when he ordered a T. Mirandus

NYAN

Arachnoking
I think someone said these are Genysa sp.

Why don’t you believe the ID?

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
I think someone said these are Genysa sp.

Why don’t you believe the ID?
I can't really find much to confirm it. wikipedia only gives two genus names: G. bicalcarata and G. decorsei. and no images to reference check.

NYAN

Arachnoking
You likely won’t find photos very easy. Try WSC. Sometimes there’s illustrations.

Anyway, I know one of the importers of the Madagascar inverts. I’ll ask them what they know about an ID next time I talk to them.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
You likely won’t find photos very easy. Try WSC. Sometimes there’s illustrations.

Anyway, I know one of the importers of the Madagascar inverts. I’ll ask them what they know about an ID next time I talk to them.
thanks man! I appreciate it. and I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
I also sent out an email to 03arachnids to at least make them aware that they've sold the wrong species. they sold out of them too! so that's gonna be fun for them.:troll: I don't know if anyone would refund it or not. personally I'm not. I think it's cool that I got a rare trapdoor species that no one really understands what it is. and idk if they did have some and some that weren't. if anyone did get an actual Thyropoeus, let me know.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
The desired species has alot in common with Migidae in terms of appearance. Here's a few photos of my Idiopids if you would like to compare.
Giant Cataxia sp. Black
20191009_064545.jpg

Euoplos Variabilis
20190828_134043.jpg

These 2 in my personal opinion, appear quite similar in build to the specimen you're showing us

Wesley Barnum

Arachnosquire
These 2 in my personal opinion, appear quite similar in build to the specimen you're showing us
Indeed they do! Especially the euoplos. I feel it’s safe to assume that it is a idiopid, and it is confirmed by Austin they came from Madagascar. The important he bought them from frank somma. I tried to get in touch with him to get his word on this.