Ideas for this shelving unit?

Tangled

Arachnopeon
I pulled this out of a space that I rented out because the tenant didnt want them. They are about 4 ft x 8 ft. I look at these and see a bug in each cubby. But is there a cheap 10 in x 10 inch enclosure to slide into each space? Sealing each cubby with a plastic lining and installing doors seems like a lot of work...
This will be in a pediatrician's waiting room... 20181109_105259.jpg 20181109_105250.jpg

iamthepink

Arachnopeon
This looks awesome! I am still new and figuring out enclosures. so far it has been part of the fun. I recently turned a tall Amac box into an arboreal enclosure, drilling holes in the shape of a T for ventilation, and I really like how it turned out. But I think the tallest one they have on the container store was 7 inches. I really like to find nice looking places to display the spiders. I saw someone using a lantern, you might but at Hobby Lobby, they had it set up for an arboreal. Someone else used an old gumball machine.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
This looks awesome! I am still new and figuring out enclosures. so far it has been part of the fun. I recently turned a tall Amac box into an arboreal enclosure, drilling holes in the shape of a T for ventilation, and I really like how it turned out. But I think the tallest one they have on the container store was 7 inches. I really like to find nice looking places to display the spiders. I saw someone using a lantern, you might but at Hobby Lobby, they had it set up for an arboreal. Someone else used an old gumball machine.
I use the amac boxes for slings and dwarfs. The container store also has these "glassy shoe" boxes that are bigger but not quite tall enough to fill this space.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
You said that having every chubby sealed with a plastic liner would be a lot of work, but there´s also some spray-on sealants that maybe wouldn´t be that much work. And you could try using Acrylic for the doors and have them being Held in place by some of These door-holding Magnets that can be found at just about every hardware-store.
Maybe it wouldn´t be that expensive if you´d order all the doors at once. 64 doors (if you want one on each side. If just one side should be obenable, then 32 doors and a sheet of thin Wood or acrylic might also do it. You could even have some acrylic with some window-frosting on it and backlighting for the whole shelving.) should be enough to get a mass-discount. And the hinges can often be found cheaply on eBay or aliexpress. That might be cheaper than having to buy 32 enclosures would probably cost you a ton of money.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
You said that having every chubby sealed with a plastic liner would be a lot of work, but there´s also some spray-on sealants that maybe wouldn´t be that much work. And you could try using Acrylic for the doors and have them being Held in place by some of These door-holding Magnets that can be found at just about every hardware-store.
Maybe it wouldn´t be that expensive if you´d order all the doors at once. 64 doors (if you want one on each side. If just one side should be obenable, then 32 doors and a sheet of thin Wood or acrylic might also do it. You could even have some acrylic with some window-frosting on it and backlighting for the whole shelving.) should be enough to get a mass-discount. And the hinges can often be found cheaply on eBay or aliexpress. That might be cheaper than having to buy 32 enclosures would probably cost you a ton of money.
What spray on lining? I was thinking Plastidip, but wasn't sure how durable it would be to twigs/rocks. The magnetic faceplates is brilliant! I like that idea.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
What spray on lining? I was thinking Plastidip, but wasn't sure how durable it would be to twigs/rocks. The magnetic faceplates is brilliant! I like that idea.
I was thinking more about something like a clear plastic sealant that can be sprayed on. I don´t know about any specific brands, as I´m not from the US, but I have seen such clear coatings/sealants being used in various YouTube-videos. Maybe someone in a local hardware store could help you find a product that really suits your needs. But generally I´d think that such coatings shouldn´t have any problems with twigs/rocks laying on them or leaning against them.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
I was thinking more about something like a clear plastic sealant that can be sprayed on. I don´t know about any specific brands, as I´m not from the US, but I have seen such clear coatings/sealants being used in various YouTube-videos. Maybe someone in a local hardware store could help you find a product that really suits your needs. But generally I´d think that such coatings shouldn´t have any problems with twigs/rocks laying on them or leaning against them.
Polyeurothane, that´s the stuff I was talking about. I just heard it being mentioned in a video, so now I remembered it.
I think that could be used to seal the wood without too much efford.

Tangled

Arachnopeon
Polyeurothane, that´s the stuff I was talking about. I just heard it being mentioned in a video, so now I remembered it.
I think that could be used to seal the wood without too much efford.
So, both polyurethane and epoxy will seal wood for spills and such, but if I were to enclose the space and have a moist substrate on it, it would soften and become permeable (think about those white rings on a coffee or dinner table). I agree, some spray on lining would be nice, I don't think that's the right choice though. Thanks for giving it some thought!

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
So, both polyurethane and epoxy will seal wood for spills and such, but if I were to enclose the space and have a moist substrate on it, it would soften and become permeable (think about those white rings on a coffee or dinner table). I agree, some spray on lining would be nice, I don't think that's the right choice though. Thanks for giving it some thought!
Maybe there´s some similar products that won´t soften up. But I don´t know too much about that, so I´d recommend asking someone in your local hardware-store (or hoping that someone who is more knowledgeable than I am will answer to this thread).

Tangled

Arachnopeon
Maybe there´s some similar products that won´t soften up. But I don´t know too much about that, so I´d recommend asking someone in your local hardware-store (or hoping that someone who is more knowledgeable than I am will answer to this thread).
While driving I thought of a spray-on solution. Bed liner for trucks. :)