Ideal sling water dish

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
so I was throwing out an old washing machine when I noticed little plastic inserts covering holes on the back so immediately I thought water dish lol amazing how you look at the world differently haha anyway here it’s here there were 4 of them
79B7B1F5-487A-4446-A093-4855A575D721.jpeg

ghostly

Arachnopeon
*casually dismantling fifteen washing machines at the laundromat* Yeah it's just that I need those for my pet baby tarantulas. No I don't have any actual laundry to wash. Thanks, bye.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Or just get some water bottle caps, which can be found all over the place.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
True, but I think the idea is that once you've been in the hobby for a while you start to see everyday items differently and everything becomes a potential enclosure or a water dish or whatever. It's like when I'm SO close to stealing all of my aunt's cereal containers because they're clear plastic and would look a lot better with some juvenile arboreals in them. Instead of like, ya know, fruit loops and oatmeal.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
True, but I think the idea is that once you've been in the hobby for a while you start to see everyday items differently and everything becomes a potential enclosure or a water dish or whatever. It's like when I'm SO close to stealing all of my aunt's cereal containers because they're clear plastic and would look a lot better with some juvenile arboreals in them. Instead of like, ya know, fruit loops and oatmeal.
EXACTLY THIS. The Container Store is like a playground for me.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Yeah that’s the easy option lol I prefer to manoeuvre washing machines just to get these little caps lol.

Just thought I would share as I think they look better obviously not a replacement for bottle caps

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
There are little cap like things in the end of pens too that you can squeeze out and it may work; I personally dont use dishes for my slings until they are big enough to drink from a water cap

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
There are little cap like things in the end of pens too that you can squeeze out and it may work; I personally dont use dishes for my slings until they are big enough to drink from a water cap
I still use bottle caps for slings they little plastic inserts I posted are just the same size as bottle caps, I use larger water dishes for juveniles and adults

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
For small slings that live in deli cups I use lego blocks. There are so many sizes and forms that I can find whatever I like in the leftovers of my childhood lego collection.

I also use them as web ankers and might use them as "trees" for arboreals in the future.

IMG_20190825_220852_5.jpg

IMG_20190825_220929_6.jpg

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Oh! Another thing...I use pill bottle caps for some of my adults. Thank god, for chronic illness ;)

(Yes, I cleaned it)
Haha, this is perfect! I have tons of old bottle caps from my prescriptions and I'm always looking for something to use them for besides simply tossing them in the recycling.

I use the tattoo ink pots for my smaller tarantulas, water bottle/gatorade lids for juvies. For the fully grown Ts that like to flip/drag water dishes into their tunnels, I've been stealing shot glasses from our home bar.... We never use them anyways!