ID UK spider

Colette

Arachnopeon
Our regular type orb weavers seem to be have been replaced along the fence with these guys. Any ideas what s 20170708_214125.jpg 20170708_214142.jpg 20170708_214212.jpg pecies they are?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
First two photos are Nuctenea umbratica, third one looks like some Steatoda.
Steatoda have a rather unique profile like that one. Not exactly a proper way to ID but. I think it was @Widowman10 who used this rough guide to tell Steatoda from Latrodectus.

Colette

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys, after some googling I'm certain the first two are N umbratica. The description of habitat and lifestyle is spot on - they all hide in the fence posts during the day and come out into their website as the sun goes down.

Will keep an eye out for the others and see if I can get some better pics but it does look like some type of Steatoda to my very untrained eye. All fascinating stuff considering I used to be terrified of orb weavers specifically lol.

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Apologies guys, looks like I'm totally wrong, sorry for any confusion caused. Like I said, no expert. Trying to help. I'll keep my nose out next time.:arghh:
Regards
Jacko.:sorry:

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Thanks guys, after some googling I'm certain the first two are N umbratica. The description of habitat and lifestyle is spot on - they all hide in the fence posts during the day and come out into their website as the sun goes down.

Will keep an eye out for the others and see if I can get some better pics but it does look like some type of Steatoda to my very untrained eye. All fascinating stuff considering I used to be terrified of orb weavers specifically lol.
I think you may be right on first two perhaps, someone more experienced will chime in I'm sure