ID this spider

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Found this little guy in a plastic container I had laying around.
It was a mature male judging by it's swollen pedipalps. Probably got lost in my house looking for a fine dame. I released him in my yard right after I took pictures.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
This appears to be a male myrmekiaphila, a genus of wafer-lid trapdoor in the family euctenizidae, related to Aptostichus, apomastus and promyrmekiaphila.

Antrodiaetus males can look similar, but are readily distinguished by the prescence of a tergite on the abdomen.

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Smokehound714 Thanks for the ID man! Well now I can say I personally seen my first trap-door spider in person. Didn't even know we had them in my area.

cool, drizzly, wet weather really brings the males out here in Tx.
I found another one in my house on a cool, beautiful sunny day after the rain. I hope to spot one out in the wild sometime.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I live in Cedar Park and for years I didn't know they were in my yard either. I think that's diff sps than in my yard but regardless, the females are generally a lot bigger than the males. I found some big females in holes next to my driveway. If you have places where leaves build up, sometimes you can see the tops of the tubes when you blow the leaves away with a leaf blower. Other than that their holes are real hard to find.