ID of desert scorpion?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Smeringurus mesaensis- giant sand scorpion. reaches a total length of 8cm or so.

it's probably thirsty. arachnids use hydraulics to move limbs, they pump hemolymph to the limb for manipulation, so they'll refuse prey if too dehydrated to run.

scysci

Arachnopeon
Smeringurus mesaensis- giant sand scorpion. reaches a total length of 8cm or so.

it's probably thirsty. arachnids use hydraulics to move limbs, they pump hemolymph to the limb for manipulation, so they'll refuse prey if too dehydrated to run.
is it really a dune scorpion? i was hoping it was a juv H. pallidrus because it seemed smaller than i expected (about 1 inch excluding tail and pincers)

about the feeding, i tried to offer it a small cricket. it would kill it but not eat it lol

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
is it really a dune scorpion? i was hoping it was a juv H. pallidrus because it seemed smaller than i expected (about 1 inch excluding tail and pincers)

about the feeding, i tried to offer it a small cricket. it would kill it but not eat it lol
'pallidus' isnt a species. It's a pale phenotype, Hadrurus arizonensis from dunes and sandy washes devoid of dark soils are generally pallid.

anyway, yes this scorpion is Smeringurus mesaensis. 100% certain.