ID Help

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Hi all, I found this gorgeous fella wandering around in my kitchen. If anyone could give an accurate ID on it I would appreciate it. This is the 1st one in a couple of years I have seen. Pretty damn fast too. around 2" in DLS.

Found in North-West, South Africa.

IMG_1610.JPG

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I believe it's a species of Pisauridae based on body proportions and the legs. Ctenidae is another possibility though. A shot of the face would help square the family away at least and then it can be worked on further.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I'll try getting a shot of the face in a moment. @Chris LXXIX yeah, my collection is down to 3 Ts.. most turned out male, and after i lost my poecie, well, it was quite a disappointment and set-back for me, maybe one day i will be fully involved in the hobby again, as i would like. I'm very busy schooling and training my horses too, and raising my toddler, so commiting to other things is a bit difficult at this moment. I still lurk every once in a while.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@pannaking22 I seem to be missing something here. The upper outside pair of eyes in @lalberts9310 Picture show that pair rearward facing. The Pisaurina have all eyes forward facing. Uhhhh

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
@The Snark that would be an error on my part then! Been working on scarab ID all week, so it looks like my brain had a hard time switching over for this one.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm seeing eyes vaguely resembling lycosa. Not seeing the bottom row clearly enough to determine that though.
Maybe more like ctenid. Outer upper pair is pretty wide apart compared to the middle.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
@pannaking22 I seem to be missing something here. The upper outside pair of eyes in @lalberts9310 Picture show that pair rearward facing. The Pisaurina have all eyes forward facing. Uhhhh
See this picture for an actual, definite example of pisuarina:

The upper outer eyes are both pointing sideways, as are the eyes on lalberts' spider.