1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Id help please?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by ZoSoLp510, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ZoSoLp510

ZoSoLp510 Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    Hey all, so real quick I'll start by saying its been a number of years but I've jumped back into scorps with a vengence this weekend. That said, I'd love to hear some thoughts on two of my pick ups from a show today. I'm thinking Vaejovide on both but that is about as far as I'm getting as I'm a bit rusty. Fist pic the scorp is about an inch and a half stretched out and was labled "northern devil", and the second over two inches labled "yellow devil" if thats any help. Thanks in advance for the help gang !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

Both do appear to be Vaejovidae. But, with the photos, they look to be two different species. I would say they are both Paravaejovis. Would need better photos of each to determine. Although, without localities, it may be impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZoSoLp510

Two different species for sure. Seller said both came from AZ, though not sure how much faith I have in that as I picked up a U. mordax as well also said to be from AZ and the aforementioned northern devil, (cheif reason why I wound up with this mystery.... I thought I was gonna wind up with 2 mordax lol). I'll try to get some better pics up but the macro on my current cam is nothing compared to my last one.

4. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

Socal
    AFAIK the yellow devil can only be found in association with a certain cackling mad scientist out for revenge on his peers.

in all seriousness they're probably paravejovis confusus. i need a locality

• Like Like x 1
  5. ZoSoLp510

Confusus was the closest match I could derive for the yellow devil. Didn't wanna swear to it without a second opinion though lol. The other looks closer to spinigerus but with thinner claws.

6. ZoSoLp510

Better (hopefully) pics....

Attached Files:

7. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

U mordax are not found in AZ.