"I was bitten" on Discovery

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tonight at 9:00pm central. "I was bitten", about the effects and aftermath of venom on victims. May be mostly snakes, not sure but I'm gonna check it out.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Bad! Sorry mods. I doubt if there is going to be anything about tarantulas on this. :8o I thought maybe a brown recluse or funnel web spider bites.
So far only snakes and bees.

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just finished watching it, the only spider they had was a recluse. pretty wicked though, the guy lost 12" of flesh on his leg. what got me was the stiletto snake that got the guys thumb. I recently got certified to own venomous snakes and that changed my mind, no way i want my thumb to undergo liquefaction of the bone!!!

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i dont know about that
but i know that they'll sting before they bite;)

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
true but if you've never been bitten how would you know?:D

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
true but if you've never been bitten how would you know?:D
I've been bitten by a wasp, but not a bee. No reaction to any sort of venom, I was just kind of surprised and irritated.

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I watched that show last night. I thought it was pretty cool.
That guy that got bit by the stilletto snake was messed up.:8o

reptiledude007

Arachnopeon
just finished watching it, the only spider they had was a recluse. pretty wicked though, the guy lost 12" of flesh on his leg. what got me was the stiletto snake that got the guys thumb. I recently got certified to own venomous snakes and that changed my mind, no way i want my thumb to undergo liquefaction of the bone!!!
I know the guy who was bit by the stiletto snake :).

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how did he feel about having his thumb sewn to his groin for 3 weeks? cant imagine that is a pleasant experience. I have handled venomous snakes before, specifically a monocle cobra after she was milked and even that was pretty scary despite her calm demeanor. i'll think twice before doing it again unless it is absolutely necessary. I'll stick to the animals that at worst can give you some cramps for a while thank you.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw this show as well. The stilleto snake part was pretty intense. I would not want to be bit something like that.

John