I want a King Baboon

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I decided I want to get a King baboon, but am concerned about their aggressive nature. Also on the Pet Bugs site, they indicate that their venom is reported to be more potent than other taratulas. I still want to get one, but don't want to get something that beyond where I am as a tarantula keeper.
The store near me has a couple .5 inch ones and I would also be interested in knowing if they have special care requirements as well. Also any information on their growth rates would be appreciated.
Thanks very much!
Ralph

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
growth rate: SLOW!!!!!
Aggressivness: who knows??? I never see mine LOL
I have 2 of them, they stay hidden almost all the time. I got one of them in june, and I've NEVER seen her.
They are pretty neat, but if you give them enough substrate for digging, you won't see them.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I wouldnt be too concerned about tarantula aggresiveness. If burrowers are kept where they have a sufficient hide or burrow, even they will most likely retreat than confront you. If you dont want to find out about the venom, just dont get bit. Some OW's are reported to be more potent, like Stromatopelminae and Poecilotheriinae, and most of us keep them with no problem.

-V

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got 2 of them one is about the size of a finger nail the other is about 2 inch body and the bigger is more intersted in seeing what I am doing than the little one I really don't think they are that bad. My advice is show them respect and watch what your doing and you should not have any problems.

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
at that size if you don't let it burrow it'll probaly die they like it on the dry side and they grow extremely slow

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I want a king baboon.You people who have them make me SO jealous,Especially the Pictures.King Baboons are so apealing,there's something about them that just makes me...love them.I want one so bad!I know i'm not ready for one though.I am going to get one!some day...