I wanna hold my T...

pauls

Arachnopeon
I wanna hold my rosie, but she hasn't left her hide since she first found it. The only times she comes out is to web up the outside of her hide, but that's only in the middle of the night. I don't think she's hiding to molt at all, because she eats regularly. Is there some way to gently "coax" her out of her hide so I can hold her and get some good pictures? Or am I screwed into observing her from the outside world?

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You can either wait for her to finally come out, or you can dig her out. Be careful though.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
---Do what I do. Tap the ground infront of the hide thing with a paintbrush or pencil end, and she should start to come out, thinking its food! Move the brush further away from her as she comes out.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
---Do what I do. Tap the ground infront of the hide thing with a paintbrush or pencil end, and she should start to come out, thinking its food! Move the brush further away from her as she comes out.
My female rosie is much too smart or too spoiled for that. She is the only T I have to actually hand feed her. But yeah, I use your method to get my other T's out as well.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
My female rosie is much too smart or too spoiled for that. She is the only T I have to actually hand feed her.

You HAND feed her ???? HOW ???? :confused:

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
You HAND feed her ???? HOW ???? :confused:
What I meant was to drop the food item right in front of her face. She usually move really slowly toward the food item. But when the food item begins to move away from the T, I have to use a stick of something to lead the food item back to the T. Wouldn't you call that hand feeding?

pauls

Arachnopeon
Well look at this. I wake up this morning to find my rosie outside of he hide. She's just chilling on top of a log. I'll keep that paintbrush technique in mind for next time though. Thanks for the suggestions

-Paul