I wanna Avic. Avicularia!!

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I decided on a Guyana Pink toe(avicularia avicularia) for my third spidy. They look cool, pretty cheap and most of all there arboreal. I got a nice big tank in me she'd just waitin to be used. What do you lot think of this species?

TheEighthDay

Arachnopeon
I love one. He was the first T I ever owned. A little jumpy but otherwise easily handled

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Very nice T imo, as said abit fast and jumpy but mostly harmless, I love them.

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
My fave atm i have two you can make awsome little enclosures with vines, bark, mines got a water dish half way up etc... There gorgeous to watch, can handle if you need to, just watch out for the projectile poo lol

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
im very new to this hobby but my 2nd T was a pink toe and I feel like they are the cutest and most harmless tarantulas ever. They seem skittish and fast but you can tell they are just such innocent creatures with their pink toes hehehe. I tend to do maintenance and all kinds of stuff in the small nano tall tank and she/he just always minds her busines. yea she might get nervous but you can tell she just doesnt want to hurt you or get defensive on you. such awesome T , so happy I have her/he.

My fave atm i have two you can make awsome little enclosures with vines, bark, mines got a water dish half way up etc... There gorgeous to watch, can handle if you need to, just watch out for the projectile poo lol

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
Avic avic are awesome T's. good size can be fast and jumpy though. then you have the Avic versicolor another cool T also. they are a little jumpier than the Avic avic. if you like the Avic avic then you should like the versicolor its a fuzzy pink toe.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Never let humidity get low I lost my first two spiders 7 yrs ago cuz the jerk at the petstore didnt tell me it needed wet substrate..
I miss the Avic avic & A metallica I lost I was too young to be trusted to care for em lol !! didnt do my re-search
VERY cool spider get one!!!

CoSpiderGuy

Arachnopeon
Very good spiders, definitely keep them at high humidity! I have 4 in a communal setup.

Life is too short to be anything but happy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage

Arachnopeon
My 2nd t and 1st sling. No problems, but watch out they will run from you rather quickly if threatened. They're fun to watch hunt too, from my experience with mine they're all around great spiders.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avicularia is our favorite genus. Do not worry about SADS or any crap like that,and do not fuss over the spider like most first time Avicularia owners do.They are very easy to care for,and way hardier than most think.

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Then it's settled, this is the next T for me and it will be my first arboreal So I better do my homework lol.