I thought Dubia roaches didn't cannibalize

JayEx3

Arachnopeon
Recently introduced 5 adult male and 15 female to my colony, before I only had 1 adult male. Also, there are several B.Lateralis, several darkling beetle larvae and mites. Maybe these are the victims?

Attachments

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
How much protein are you offering them? Do they have moisture readily available? If protein or moisture levels get too low, or if they are starving, any roach species can cannibalize.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
Do the males have plenty of space to spread out? How big is your enclosure for them?

I've noticed when I start getting too many males they will try and take each other out. At that point I cull out the more beat up ones (mine never really go past destroying each others wings before I step in) or cull the ones that are the most aggressive, and that helps calm the rest down. If you have plenty of space for your crew though, that may not be the issue.

Having not kept a mixed species container, I can't say if they're being picked on by one of the others, but that is a scary substantial bite missing from his side. Yikes!