I think my T is struggling to eat

Hazzerdthrash

Arachnopeon
Hi, so I have had this green bottle blue tarantula since I purchased it as a sling last October. It has always been a good eater but something seems wrong now. It molted on August 9th and I fed it on the 18th for the first time after the molt. The problem is that it took the spider about 18hours to consume 1 cricket where in the past it would take it 1-2 hours. I fed it one more cricket yesterday and again it took almost a full day for it to eat it. This seems very abnormal to me. My other tarantula also usually consumes a cricket in a bout an hour. Does anybody know why it might be taking it so long to eat?

cold blood

Staff member
How long it takes to eat isn't relevant as long as it's eating. One main reason you might see for this would be a missing Fang. It takes tarantulas a little while longer to eat with only one.

Hazzerdthrash

Arachnopeon
Okay, I am fairly sure it didn’t lose a fang during the molting process but I’ll try to get a better look to confirm.
It has lost a fang before but even when it had one fang it still didn’t take it long to eat. But I guess I don’t have to worry too much if it’s managing to eat it anyways.