I think my G. Rosea likes her new enclosure,

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks nice. As a sidenote: Be careful with stones! G. roseas -can- start digging quite some suddenly and in case she digs out the holding substrate below that stone and it falls onto her...you get the idea.

qpLMBqp

Arachnopeon
I've worried about that before. She's not a digger though. I'm not too worried now, but I don't know how else to make her hide.

Osmo

Arachnosquire
I've worried about that before. She's not a digger though. I'm not too worried now, but I don't know how else to make her hide.
wood. find it outside and bake it in the oven and carve out abit and baam!

Peter Parker

Arachnosquire
@ Osmo you know how long it would take to carve stone.
@Qp(qaurter pound) you need a grinder with a cup wheel to grind stone. Unless it is a very large rock it will crack.
My suggestion is wash them with just water. No soap. Bake them at 360 degrees for 30 minutes. Take them out and let them cool. Use a hot glue gun and glue the stones together. Glue the rock to the bottle of your plastic cage. It will never fall over. Let sit for an hour and put your rosie back in.

Peter Parker

Arachnosquire
We are talking about Osmo, where talking about the rocks in qp enclosure. Look at the pictures.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
wood. find it outside and bake it in the oven and carve out abit and baam!
We are talking about Osmo, where talking about the rocks in qp enclosure. Look at the pictures.
Osmo was talking about carving wood NOT stone. The OP asked how else to make the hide if they didn't use stone, and Osmo's suggestion was wood (as shown in the above quote).

Osmo

Arachnosquire
Ya I was talking about wood giving him an idea for something else :)

Dead wood that is well baked to kill off baddies. Lighter and less dangerous!

ArachnidSentinl

Arachnoknight
OP: if you like the stone aesthetic, hot glue them to the side of the enclosure. That way, on the off chance she digs under it, you won't have to scoop out spider road pizza.

Just an addendum: Nice enclosure, btw. Simple and functional :)