I Think My Ball Python Is Dying :(

Entropy

Arachnopeon
Heh... I need to stop replying when it's late. Of course, you're right about hiking up the temps when treating an RI, for some reason I thought you were talking about constant ambient. Sorry, my bad...
Heh, it's okay. I've done the same thing believe me.

As for an estimate most of the time the general physical runs about $50 give or take ten. Then the medication can vary. Be sure to ask the vet if they have experience with reptiles, I've seen some "interesting" situations with vets that thought they might as well use it as a learning experience.

Ishkabibble

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
While I agree with the need for an immediate vet visit, raising the temps till you get it to one is what I've had to do for one of my BP's, for 2 days till I got it into the vet (happened over the weekend). I put it in a clean tank, with high humidity and temps around 90 deg. F . By the time i got it to the vet, its breathing had improved noticably, but it still received antibiotics from the vet, and made a full recovery. Mine came down with the URI within the first week I owned it, so whether it came that way or not, I don't know. But it has never reappeared in this snake or any other I keep, so I'm suspicious, but... Good luck with it, let us know how it's doing. And you should seriously reconsider housing snakes together simply for this reason if no other.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
moricollins said:
if you don't have the money to take care of (and/or treat) an animal, then you shouldn't purchase an animal.

Just my two cents.
I agree 100%. I feel that it is part of the responsibility of owning an animal to be able to provide veterinary assistance if necessary.

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She seems to be doing better and is looking a lot more healthy, hopefully itll stay that way.