I think I have a serious problem....

cold blood

Staff member
@Andrea82 I don't like big cars myself, mainly for the exact reasons you listed. Most of the parking places where I live are dinky things, and parking big cars, or trucks, is a pain in the buns. And they are indeed gas hogs.

Anyway, came on this thread to fuss at ya'll, and I'll tell you why. I have been fighting this growing desperation in me. This 24/7 desperation that fills my mind with pictures of the cutest and most beautiful little tarantula slings I have ever seen. The A.Versicolor sling. Ooops, it's C.Versicolor now isn’t it? Bah. Anyway I talked and talked to myself about it, reminding myself that I have too many tarantulas already. 15 total now. I know that's a laughable amount to most of you but to a newbie that has only been in hobby going on two months, that’s a lot. So anyway told myself I have enough and to stop being greedy and be happy with what you have. And then I also reminded myself that I was a little worried about the fact that C.Versicolors can sprint and jump out of an enclosure before a person can even blink, and that I feared losing it or hurting it trying to catch it. I did this with one of my slings not long ago and I was devastated and so disgusted with myself. Still am. But anyway I told myself all of this and I thought, yeah I can wait for the expo in June and buy either a juvenile, sub adult or adult female there. Do they have those at expos often?

Anyway I convinced myself that I can wait for the Expo. I don't need to buy any of those absolutely darling little blue babies. For all of the reasons above, and the fact that I hear they're very fragile as slings. So yeah, I have my desperation in check. It's all cool. I can wait. No problem. Then I come here to this thread because the title of it caught my interest, and I read everything and looked at everyone's gorgeous pictures of their tarantulas that are a living work of art, and that desperation came back stronger than ever before. My heart, which was stolen and is now controlled by C.Versicolors when I first laid eyes on them, cannot fight any longer. I must have one. I must have two, even. Sadly I can't buy any until I get paid the 25th of this month, and I pray that there will still be some available at Jamie's Tarantulas. If there isn't I know I will be SO bummed.

So yeah, thank you everyone for making me need this stunning little blue diamond in my life right now! :eek::meh::shifty::D I have crossed into the Dark Side. Ugh. Ya'll better have cookies too. I need cookies. And I also need someone to tell me the best way to do a set up for this beauty so it won't die on me. Tell me every little step, every little detail, please, please! I would appreciate it so very much, you have no idea how much OMG. Lol forgive me if my post sounds overly odd or stupid. I haven't slept in days. Makes me kind of nuts lol. But anyway yes, thank you for the push into owning these pretty things and sorry for the long, long read. If ya'll feel like ignoring this post I will completely understand!
To be completely honest, versicolor just may be the least fragile of all the avic related slings. Give them the right tools and they web quickly and are always really good eaters.

Set ups are simple.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I'm not even near as bad but my wife only approved one T and I have 3. The versi was the one I couldn't resist and I love the little blue baby. I think I have a nice mix between the C. Versicolor, C. Cyaneopubescens, and L. Parahybana. One big beautiful brownie and two colorful Ts.

boina

Lady of the mites
I've just bought an A. avicularia and an A. huriana and it's all your fault.:smug:

Turiell

Arachnopeon
To be completely honest, versicolor just may be the least fragile of all the avic related slings. Give them the right tools and they web quickly and are always really good eaters.

Set ups are simple.
Oooh such beautiful babies you have! It's good to hear they're not as fragile as I thought.

@Andrea82 Thank you for the link, my dear enabler :D

Resistance is futile. :borg:
Yes, I have quickly learned that it is! :)

I've just bought an A. avicularia and an A. huriana and it's all your fault.:smug:
Lucky thing! I'm jealous lol Did you order them online? If so, what site was it? I've been looking for an A. avicularia but haven't been able to find any

boina

Lady of the mites
Lucky thing! I'm jealous lol Did you order them online? If so, what site was it? I've been looking for an A. avicularia but haven't been able to find any
Sorry, I just saw this right now... I'm in Germany and I bought them at an expo, so I'm pretty sure that's not going to help you - sorry :(

aphono

Arachnobaron
Good ol' Avicularia metallica!
Thanks! very new to hobby, haven't even seen any of the T species in person besides the usual kinds that sometimes show up at petco. Hope to see metallicas soon!

Turiell

Arachnopeon
Sorry, I just saw this right now... I'm in Germany and I bought them at an expo, so I'm pretty sure that's not going to help you - sorry :(
Oh that's okay!! No worries at all! I'll find one eventually. I'm going to an expo in June and hope to find some nice ones there. Just a few, you know. Like 20 or 30...or more! :D

basin79

ArachnoGod
Well I'm spamming this girl everywhere. And here's another chance. You'll honestly not regret picking up a Caribena Versicolor. For those that have already seen her. Sorry not sorry.

Turiell

Arachnopeon
@basin79 Oh....my...oh she is beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!! Ugh, I want one so badly! So pretty and fuzzy...yeah I better go. Getting drool all over my phone!

boina

Lady of the mites
Well I'm spamming this girl everywhere. And here's another chance. You'll honestly not regret picking up a Caribena Versicolor. For those that have already seen her. Sorry not sorry.

Don't do that. Just don't. Now I really really need one and I DO NOT HAVE SPACE! :bigtears::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::arghh::bigtears::sour::sour:

aphono

Arachnobaron

That is a beautiful spider! Awesome pictures, really like how it shows all the little details super clear.. fascinating! count me in as yet another one thinking of getting one....

basin79

ArachnoGod
That is a beautiful spider! Awesome pictures, really like how it shows all the little details super clear.. fascinating! count me in as yet another one thinking of getting one....
You will 100% not be disappointed. I was watching my lass chasing blue bottles around this morning. Stunning little T's.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I will type my thread "At Last" has all my T's in. Including this girl. Pics and videos.