1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I got lucky today

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jonesdal, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jonesdal

Jonesdal Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    I got 2 T's today and 1 of them had a molt with them... and there is a little mountain flap in between the lungs... I don't even care if the other one is female now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Sometimes luck is on your side. Are you going to tell us the species you got?

3. Jonesdal

Brachypelma Albopilosum and Aphonopelma Seemanni which is rather large... technically the biggest spider in my collection right now. I'm hoping the size isna sign of being femal... but I gotta wait for a molt.

I thought I wrote it... clearly wrong... I might have to call her Curly Sue cuz the curly one is female.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

Why not try to get a ventral shot picture?? Both B. albopilosum and A. seemanni are easy to ventral sex.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. VanessaS

Once female Aphonopelma seemanni get to a decent size, they are pretty easy to ventral sex. They have a very obvious 'moustache' of hairs just above the furrow. If you can get a shot of her belly, it will be easy to confirm.

6. Jonesdal

Albopolsum was th molt... but the Seemani has been having to much fun going in and out of the hide that I couldn't get a ventral.

I will pay attention and see if it gets on the wall again... I'm gonna up a while making small sling enclosures and arranging one for a Juvenile P Lugardi Female. Please stand by.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
  7. Jonesdal

Ok here we go... Tell me something good...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. VanessaS

Female. Lucky you definitely are.
    She is looking on the thin side and can use more than a bit of fattening up.

9. Jonesdal

Oh trust me she will get there... thank you for the help... 1st both need more substrate there is a little too much wall space, and they will get nom noms...

• Love Love x 1