I teach my baby toad to eat dog food and works!!!!

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
I begin giving him mealworm and with a stick pull it to the side of the toad, then i put a piece of dog food and pull it to move close to the toad and he ate. just the younger one isnt eating mealworms he is eating only wild fruit flyes he hunts, i dont know if he will make it to grow up

Attachments

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Cane toads are actually known for eating dog food in the wild--they're pretty adaptable, which is part of how they're able to invade other habitats so easily. I probably wouldn't use it as the main food source, though.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Yeah is just as mineral and vitamins suplement cuz i have only mealworms and sometimes a house roach or fly . i am astounished how one toad is much more hungry than the other. And growing faster will possible canibalize ge small i will separate them

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Yeah is just as mineral and vitamins suplement cuz i have only mealworms and sometimes a house roach or fly . i am astounished how one toad is much more hungry than the other. And growing faster will possible canibalize ge small i will separate them
That's very good thinking, actually. My other suggestion, if you can find them, would be earthworms--they're a really good option for amphibians nutritionally speaking.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
That's very good thinking, actually. My other suggestion, if you can find them, would be earthworms--they're a really good option for amphibians nutritionally speaking.
Im in search of them but hard to find