I should have done it sooner.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found one of our A.geniculata had molted a couple of weeks ago and pulled the molt, but since then the molt was moved around and I do not remember which T it was. :wall:
The plus side is we have another female genic in our collection but have to wait to see which one it is again. :mad:

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
!!

I feel you on that, the only tracks I run on half the time are "sidetracks" makes for a bunch of females being sold as unsexed though, which is good for buisness, prob works out about 6's in the end, without happy customers my hobby would suck, BTW if I havent mentioned it lately AB members ROCK!!!! PEACE, B.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am laughing (with you of course)

I had to chuckle at this one. I had a whopping 7 molts the other day and I carefully laid them all out on my worktable, to be sexed, only to come home and find them all eaten by my goofy dog. At least you know that one of your T's is female!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG!!!
Were they OW or NW??? Sorry to hear about the loss of your molts, before sexing, but.....I think I feel even sorrier for the dog!

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG!!!
Were they OW or NW??? Sorry to hear about the loss of your molts, before sexing, but.....I think I feel even sorrier for the dog!
Don't feel to bad for the dog. After all, we are talking about an animal that will eat its own crap ! :eek:

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
def don't feel sorry

She'll eat roaches, mealworms, crickets, and hunts wasps with a vengeance in the summer. Fortunately doesn't have much of an appetite for crap. She can also get onto the counters and get into the cupboard, remove the peanut butter jar, get the cap off and eat the whole thing. She's called 911 on my touch tone phone (the cops were not amused), and I just found out that she routinely scales my 6 foot fence, goes down to the neighborhood convenience store, gets a treat and then returns home.

Back to the original topic, I found an awesome molt yesterday (great big male G. aureostriata), so I learned from this post, and immediately put it in a container and labeled it with the T's serial number. Not only do I know which T it came from, but it is safely stowed in a cabinet with baby-proof locks where it cannot be eaten!

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had to chuckle at this one. I had a whopping 7 molts the other day and I carefully laid them all out on my worktable, to be sexed, only to come home and find them all eaten by my goofy dog. At least you know that one of your T's is female!
My Boxer ate my big female blondi's molt last week. I couldn't imagine how it tasted. :(

Nick