I rescued a crippled bearded dragon from Petsmart (help)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I have found some wonderful bearded dragon, ball python, parrot and tarantula groups on FB to join. Some more informative than others, naturally. I am partial to rescue groups.
Pro: seeing cute BDs in one's feed. :)
Con: seeing neglected & abused BDs in one's feed. :(

(I guess you can choose your FB settings to limit what shows in your feed).

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
I have found some wonderful bearded dragon, ball python, parrot and tarantula groups on FB to join. Some more informative than others, naturally. I am partial to rescue groups.
Pro: seeing cute BDs in one's feed. :)
Con: seeing neglected & abused BDs in one's feed. :(

(I guess you can choose your FB settings to limit what shows in your feed).
You're no more likely to see neglected dragons in a group than you are at a pet store if you're in the right group. The group I suggested to OP is excellent.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You're no more likely to see neglected dragons in a group than you are at a pet store if you're in the right group. The group I suggested to OP is excellent.
Absolutely. I have found several amazingly informative and helpful beardie groups on FB.

But, I am also a member of a several of beardie rescue groups -- hence -- seeing some upsetting beardie pix in my feeds. I continue to follow those groups because I love a happy ending (or, in some cases, at least knowing those BDs last months were filled with love, vet care, etc.).

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
Those kind of stories are why I jumped at the chance rescue this beardie. It had already been there for a week with no takers.

I know Petsmart's history, and even though I wasn't fully prepared for a bearded dragon I knew that I was a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
My understanding is that ppl dont advise others to buy from pet-smart/co etc because this encourages the retail chain to get more stocks(which are then mistreated). but I won't categorise "rescuing a misshappened beardy/T" from them as encouraging the store's behaviour because I feel the very fact that there are no takers for these mishappened- pets shows that ppl are not interested in buying them coz of the way they have been kept at store. This comes out as a negative feedback against the store and they won't get these pets and/ or mishandle them in future.

In such a scenario, its good that u rescued an animal which had been left to fend for itself, and at the same time doesn't work as a positive appraisal of the store's handling. IMO it's a win-win situation.

SmK2192

Arachnopeon
The Petsmart has a Banfield franchise, and according to the vet report the fracture had already healed.

Only it healed crooked.
Sadly the corporate side of Petsmart doesbt do surgery's very often to save an animal... I know, what they do is terrible