I need tips on how to breed my scorpions

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Well, for sure. Anyway, there is no reasont to hurry, they are Scorpiones, not Ephemeroptera! Ahahah!
Seriously, I think that if the condition are right, they will mate when they want without any problem!

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe you could separate them for a little while if you can for maybe a few days or a week or something like that. The mating dance probably took a lot out of them so give 'em a nice fat cricket. I imagine their chemoreceptors are shot.

Mila

Arachnoknight
Put the rocks in boiling water before putting them into the enclosure

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
You can leave them together and eventually she will become gravid if they successfully mate but as the saying goes ... absence makes the heart grow fonder
You can always remove the male for a week or 2 and introduce him back into her tank. This can trigger almost an instant breeding response once they find each other. Then if they mate you can watch if she accepts the sperm ( since youll have a nice flat stone now for him to deposit it on ) this method has worked for me with a few species ive kept together for a long time and didnt seem to see any females become gravid or birth. Best of luck with your breeding attempt !

Hottenttotta

Arachnopeon
What type of scorpion? What instar are the Female and Male? Just for basic, 8 instar for female, 7 instar for male. But some female can be breed in 7 instar stage. Let me know what type of scorpions u have. Forest, Bark and Dessert. Or u can inbox me. Tnx

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
The female has become aggressive and noticeably fatter almost over night. I did put a lot of crickets in the other day. I can't tell if she is gravid, fat, or about to molt. This happened yesterday almost entirely. The male is also fatter but, the male is not all that noticeable it's just when you really look at him. Female is very noticeable and she hasn't been aggressive until she got "fat".

Last edited:

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
No way that she becoming fatter overnight lead to she becoming pregnant. If from a day to the other she is fatter is just because she ate! That said, she could be gravid, don't know.

Mila

Arachnoknight
She'll be fat from food. The eggs don't grow to a size of notice over night. Some scorpion gestation periods are longer than humans

Hottenttotta

Arachnopeon
The female has become aggressive and noticeably fatter almost over night. I did put a lot of crickets in the other day. I can't tell if she is gravid, fat, or about to molt. This happened yesterday almost entirely. The male is also fatter but, the male is not all that noticeable it's just when you really look at him. Female is very noticeable and she hasn't been aggressive until she got "fat".
Don't overfeed ur scorpions boss. Just 1/week or Adult cricket is ok for 10-14days. As long as there's always a water in water dish. Try to used flash light on ur female. U can see some yellow dot in her tummy's side. Happy keeping boss.