I need tips on how to breed my scorpions

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I have a male and a female asian forest scorpion. I have seen them do the "mating dance" twice now and I'm not entirely sure if the female is gravid or not. I need some tips on how to make the breeding process successful. I would appreciate any tips on making the breeding successful.

Mila

Arachnoknight
well the only way to know is to wait long enough for the eggs to become visible. youll see yellowish white balls on her belly if shes gravid.

Mila

Arachnoknight
how big of a smooth surface? I put in a small piece of cardboard about the size of a credit card.
Sperm is a liquid. Liquids don't like cardboard. The males basically stick a "sack" of sperm onto a surface then the female walks over it and pushes the sperm inside of her. The surface needs to be somewhat water resistant. I.e a cork bark hide

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Oh I figured it would be more solid. I will find something else. I don't have a cork bark hide. Is there anything else that I can use? I can't go to the store right now.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
Honestly I have had offspring from this sp. all i did was put them in the same container lol. and she was gravid quite fast after that, I have a normal setup of coconut fiber and 2 wood hides, they often sleep together at first but now they sleep in separate hides and the male likes climbing on top of her hide if you know what i mean :)

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Honestly I have had offspring from this sp. all i did was put them in the same container lol. and she was gravid quite fast after that, I have a normal setup of coconut fiber and 2 wood hides, they often sleep together at first but now they sleep in separate hides and the male likes climbing on top of her hide if you know what i mean :)
My setup is very similar.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
well I never really added anything to help them out but it ended up working, the flat rock idea does seem like it might help however

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The bigger the better for the thing they mate on. 8X8 inches or bigger, something like the rough side of a floor tile, slate, I often use hardiboard that I cut up. You don't want the male to have to search around so much and then miss a small thing to glue it down on. I've take them outside to put on the porch before, concrete.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I have something for the male to put his spermatophore on. I haven't seen them mating though, is there any way to encourage mating?