I need Singapore Blue knowledge

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I transfered mine to a new enclosure. While I was holding it for some pics it made this Matrix move on me. In a blink of an eye it was across the room and up another tank stand! Where I trapped Her (molt confirmed) under my Mad hisser cage.

dirtydirt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Blue

I have a 3'' and yes, she is a pet hole. I can't wait to see her out:wall: ;P

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One thing I forgot to mention is that their claws are quite powerful. It can almost pull a pen out of my grasp using only one leg!!!

izan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my Cyriopagapus sp Blue. I had her for about 2 years now and she's grown on to be a whopper. She 'bucks the trend' regarding set up. I originally arranged her viv arboreal, but she really wasnt happy at all. Therefore i re-arranged her to a more terrestrial and she has never looked back. She still has items to climb but never does. :?

75 degrees, coir substrate, large (always full) water bowl, low level hollow log and artificial fern decor. Of all the foods offerred she prefers large hoppers.

She doesnt come out a great deal which is a pity. Therefore buyers need to bear this in mind. They are as illusive a P. Metallica, another one of my 'see twice a year' aquisitions. :( :( Oh well.

Ill still be keeping herthough. Simply because i love their excellent balooned feet. Excellent jumpers too ! LOOKOUT ! :D

The pic below was taken, one month after molting.

All the best

iZAN

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmmm. Chucksticulator has a 6+ inch female and she is the one of the mellowest T I have ever seen. Nothing like what anyone here is saying. We were concerned that she was so sluggish, but have read elsewhere that the larger ones do tend to be laid back.
I will be receiving a large girl myself next week. I plan to house her like my Psalms--vertical enclosure with cork bark curls and plastic plants for hide outs. I will have enough substrate in there in case she wants to burrow some. I wonder if she will fit the descriptions here or be like the other one.
They are truly magnificent looking with those leggy legs!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think that while they are arboreal T's in the wild...unlike some arboreals they like having a very cozy retreat...which may explain why some are unhappy in traditional arboreal setups and happy in a terrestrial setup. Look up some photos of them in their natural(and not so natural, seem pretty oppurtunistic!) habitat to get an idea.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh boy. The real mellow, laid back, hardly moves, is she even alive gentle giant must have read this thread!
We tried to coax her for a photo shoot and BAM! It was as if she did a back flip. Then in what seemed like three steps, she made it across the living room and up the screen door! I wouldn't say she teleported, but I have never seen a T move with that speed. Those legs are incredible.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
I have had quite a few of these guys. At the moment I am down to 3, An 8"-9" female, and several smaller girls. The smaller ones (6" or so) have dug burrows. The sometimes come out to bee seen but are often reclusive. The big girl is even more reclusive. She has a big exoterra box, but like the others has dug in below. As noted, they prefer to run than attack. I am not however looking forward to digging anyone out of their lairs! The threat poses are quite impressive with the size of those legs!

The color (whether you have a blue or a purple morph) is amazing, but the light has to be 'just right' They are really hard to photograph! I would say that they are mellower than Psalmopoeus, at least in my experience.