1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new new world!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by BrokenLegBaboon, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    Unfortunately I don't have picture/s to share of my specimen, now (besides, a deep hole in an 'ocean' of dirt isn't what you would like to see, anyway) but trust me, Megaphobema robustum are a must. If you can, buy directly a sexed female... huge amazing beasts.

After all M.robustum are the only one Theraphosidae that (as far as I know) can perform not two but three type of 'attack/defense': obviously the bite and setae kicking but also their most loved one, a sorta of 'somersault' that hit the target/menace with the leg IV spikes... a sort of 'Castlevania' whip attack lol, it's impressive the agility of such 'bulky' species.

IMO they are marvellous, mark my words :)

2. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon Active Member

Yes they grow slowly. Her last molt was on march and is fasting since mid august. I think that she is going to molt shortly, because she is darkening her abdomen. She is always visible in the enclosure, and is the most docile T I ever had, but a good eater.

My year old pulchra and geni: IMG_20181010_122713.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Inside lighting 6000k fluorescent light with my HTC U11 auto settings. Just about any of the Xenesthis species are this vibrant. Mine is X. intermedia but immanis, sp Blue, sp White, and sp Bright are all stunning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. BrokenLegBaboon

BrokenLegBaboon Arachnopeon

Come to think of it genics are relativelty cheap compared to the other genus mentioned so guess I’ll grab one

I didn’t even know a tarantula can do something like that! “Three type of attack/defense” feels like I’m reading a game forum . I’ll try to see if those are available too

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dorifto

The geniculata is molting this week. After molting they have a beatyful colors.

Last week:

IMG_20180831_224356.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. weibkreux

weibkreux Arachnosquire Active Member

More Ts, more fun. Until you notice you got no more space available. :woot::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BrokenLegBaboon

Pretty indeed! Nice enclosure you have there too. Are those real plants?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Similar, I like both but I prefer the look of the genic tbh (N. coloratovillosus is kinda similar as well)

Yeah, G. iheringi might be harder to get as I don't know what their availability is like in the Philippines but if you find one then grab it, they're awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris LXXIX

And it's impressive to witness that in real life... during a rehouse etc that's what they love to do most, instead of trying to bite you. At least, my baby do that, always :kiss:

Stamina and Strenght: 90, IMO :yawn:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BrokenLegBaboon

Space is not a problem (yet). Maybe if I have too many then I’ll have excuse for selling my furniture :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Dorifto

Yes! Very easy to keep. Water and a good light source

12. BrokenLegBaboon

Last time I saw G. iheringi and actaeon were from direct imports and were very limited. Fingers-crossed they’ll be up soon

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dorifto

The actaeon will become full black. I prefer the iheringi instead.
    Both are almost identical while are juvies, but when they mature the actaeon changes the color of the abdomen to black.

14. starnaito

starnaito Arachnosquire

PA
    Not true in my experience, the fasting part at least. Mine are all eating machines. They seem to grow a bit faster than other Grammostolas, but still relatively slow.

15. Olan

Olan Arachnobaron Old Timer

She is a sp. Machala.

16. buzz182

buzz182 Arachnopeon Active Member

If you decide on something smaller N.incei some awesome webbing with intricate tunnels that makes a great display piece. One of my two is often out and about during the evening and is fascinating to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BrokenLegBaboon

There’s one female for sale 4” for 40$ should I grab it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pernicious

Pernicious Arachnosquire Active Member

Usa
    All true but sooo worth the wait

I say go big with a t.seladonia i know i want a dozen!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Chris LXXIX

Yes :)

20. ohnono

ohnono Arachnopeon

zagreb
    Do they have to be so big? Because, as nicodimo22 already said, C.versicolor is STUNNING! Depending on the light, mine looks purple-ish, blue-ish and red-ish OR orange-ish and pink-ish - it's crazy, they are simply crazy beautiful! And they are sooo fluffy and cute, AND gentle and funny... sweet little darlings!

And I agree with everybody who mentioned A.geniculata, she fits your description perfectly. A must have! And IMHO, they are prettier than N.chromatus.

You have the most beautiful enclosures I've ever seen :woot:

• Like Like x 1