I messed up

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
So I have a B vagans sling, about 3/4 inch. It's the only sling I have this small, and it's been doing very well so far. I've had it since it was 1/4 inch. I usually drip a little bit of water on the substrate to keep it a little moist, because I've read everywhere that slings need more moisture so they don't dry out. This is where I messed up. A while ago I was dripping water on the substrate and I guess I got a little overzealous and I went overboard. I know the substrate is definitely too damp, even for a sling, but I was hoping it would dry out and be ok. Well it's been a couple weeks and it's still way too wet. I was going to take out the spider and replace the wet substrate with dry, but now my vagans has burrowed, which it seems to do when it's ready to molt. Should I just leave it as is to avoid disturbing the spider or should I dig it out to replace the dirt?

Swoop

Arachnosquire
You might be able to add some dry substrate to soak up some excess water and then scoop some back out.

I don't worry too much about the degree of dampness for my slings, mine don't seem to mind when their substrate is very damp. It does cause food to mold faster though.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I would probably just leave it alone to molt. Slings do fairly well in damp conditions.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Unless it's in premolt, I'd remove it, squeeze the sub of excess water (if indeed there is too much) and set it back up. Takes like 2 min.

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
This is the enclosure. The sling is usually just chilling under the leaf. It buried itself a few days ago, so I'm expecting it to emerge after it molts. That's what it's done every time so far.

Attachments

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you think it’s going to molt wait till is done and has hardened. Usually a couple days for a sling. Then remove sub squeeze it out like Venom1080 said and set it back up.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
This is the enclosure. The sling is usually just chilling under the leaf. It buried itself a few days ago, so I'm expecting it to emerge after it molts. That's what it's done every time so far.
Do you have any cords vent? I've found vent holes down to the sub provide the best ventilation.

Kept Theraphosa in a heavy vent cage like that for over a year, rarely removing boli, and never got mold.