I May Be Hooked???

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep.........well,in a month and a half I have gone from one 1.)G.Rosea adult to a B.Smithi 1.5 sling, B.Vagans 2" sling female, Aphonopelma 2" "Flagstaff Orange" sling. I may be hooked.:D

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
welcome to the disease , there is no cure . The only way to relieve the symptoms is to get more T's . :D

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your just catching the cold. Wait until it spreads. You will be wanting another room so you can have more t's, like me. :D

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is an awful disease.....I am buying a house right now and we picked one that had an unfinished basement so that I could custom build our rooms to house all the animals.

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feel your pain. We went from 3 to 66 in just over a year, and even as I write this I feel the fever coming back again.

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
man this disease has already spread into my body now I can't stop myself from searching in the computer of species am i going to buy

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anything for a fix man...

At least I know I'm not alone. I'm up to 8. 6 different sp. Eight is begining to seem like an increasingly small number.

I want more....

actually...

I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have it bad too and it's worse when you don't have the resources to "sooth" the disease. Anyone know a pretty cheap place to live in Redwood City or San Jose(PM me!)? :D

I have one sp. out of many on my wishlist. One good thing is I don't have too much interest in most terrestrials(lessons the list just barely), but I'm ALWAYS on watch for a new, pretty arboreal to add to the growing list. I have a personal collection of tarantula pictures on my PC to look at and specimens to think about.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I started with 2 T's and now have about 90 arachnids!

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
out of hand

I'm now thinking of ways to curb my interest in these spiders...my friends think I'm nuts at my age and maybe so but I don't care AND IF the ones I already have do turn out to be females they could out live me:rolleyes:

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HA !! They think your nuts now , wait till you want to start a roach colonly to feed the dozens of T's you will eventually have . And I don't know how old you are but I got my first T at 39 . That was only a year and a half ago . 14 T's and counting . If it wasn't for the wife I'd have a platoon of them by now . hhhmmmm keep the wife or get more T's ............:?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know how old you are but I got my first T at 39 . That was only a year and a half ago . 14 T's and counting . If it wasn't for the wife I'd have a platoon of them by now . hhhmmmm keep the wife or get more T's ............:?
You are more patient than me!! :eek:

I'm 24 and just started my collection (it's going to be a very slow start to a collection of MANY arboreals) but I've been interested in tarantulas since I was a teenager but my mom was not thrilled.

She discovered my two jumping spiders had lots of babies and I was keeping them in my bedroom. She said in the car once, "I thought you would have outgrown this bug collecting thing by now."

Later, she found that I had been visiting a LOT of arachnid forums and viewing pictures. She told me, "Do you really want a tarantula? If you do enough research on the one you want I'll help you find a good bargain if you show me the sellers pricing." (waits a few minutes expecting Hell to freeze over) When she saw the deli cups they were in she asked if I'd take some of her much larger containers for stored food because she was afraid they would become claustrophobic. X-D

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
friends think I'm Nuts

Just the other night I was talking to a friend of mine LD on the phone and all he coud say was ...."what if they get out at night while you are asleep" I said....well,I do like to sleep nude sometimes on the floor while watching TV....at least he thought that was funny but my point is most people first think of getting the bug bomb....Now,I was biten by a brown recluse male about 10 years ago while I was asleep....my Dad who was alive at the time and a Doctor said I was lucky it was not a female....it messed me up pretty bad anyway,we had to use the bug bomb then as much as I didn't want too....we found him in the death curl a few days later in one of my shirts.Well,how's that for getting off on a tangent....I really have to curd my wants after I get just one more T a G.Pulchra:D I live in an apartment so I can only hide so many of them and most people think they are creepy....know what I mean?

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No matter what you try, this hobby is like that.
Watch your wish-list grow and grow-
and change, as you add to your collection!
It's awesome...

in the beginning Ts invaded my every thought..

and they still crawl around in there.. LOL,
love'm..