I love when company freaks seeing a Tarantula drink

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
It is funny when I have company over and see one of my Ts with their head submerged in a water dish. "OMG Mike your spider is drowning itself!!!" Tonight my neighbor was over to tell me his Dad had a stroke unfortunately. His Dad is doing ok, but not great he is 86. Anyway he looked into my A chalcodes enclosure and started yelling for me like my spider was about to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge or something. Had to assure him she was just thirsty and getting a sip of water. He was not assured until she walked away from the water dish. I swear he was sweating until she moved. LOL

McGruder

Arachnopeon
I definitely freaked out the first time I saw a T. drinking. :rofl: Now I think it's one of the most hilarious/adorable sights ever.
IMG_0642.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
People are ignorant about things, I hope you corrected that by explaining why your T won't drown.

cold blood

Staff member
People are ignorant about things, I hope you corrected that by explaining why your T won't drown.
And that they do not breathe through their mouths (or even n the same manner they are accustomed to), as their breathing apparatus are on their backside.

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
And that they do not breathe through their mouths (or even n the same manner they are accustomed to), as their breathing apparatus are on their backside.
The book lungs on the ventral side of the abdomen does throw folks for a loop. We are so used to our form of breathing that any other form is completely foreign to us.