I lost a sling today...sort of

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I looked and looked at the vial containing one of my Hapolopus slings and decided it must be missing :eek: as it wasn't in it's burrow or on the surface. I went and got out a magnifier to double check, and there it was just sitting there.

I have decided that I can no longer buy slings smaller than .5". If I need reading glasses to make it out on the substrate it is just too darned small for me to own. :sarcasm:

Hapalopi

Arachnopeon
I can totally relate, especially with the Hapalopus slings! I've dug one out before because I completely panicked (we're talking a 1/3" sling). Luckily they grow fast! If only my 1/3" C. fasciatum would molt already...blends right into the substrate!

macbaffo

Arachnolord
I looked and looked at the vial containing one of my Hapolopus slings and decided it must be missing :eek: as it wasn't in it's burrow or on the surface. I went and got out a magnifier to double check, and there it was just sitting there.

I have decided that I can no longer buy slings smaller than .5". If I need reading glasses to make it out on the substrate it is just too darned small for me to own. :sarcasm:
But they are super cute! :rolleyes:

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Lol, I hatched out a sac of Hapalopus sp. Colombia large in the summer, and feeding time is always fun. I often can't find them and by the time I do see them they're making a break for freedom. Fun spiders to keep though, and they do grow fast.

Hapalopi

Arachnopeon
Lol, I hatched out a sac of Hapalopus sp. Colombia large in the summer, and feeding time is always fun. I often can't find them and by the time I do see them they're making a break for freedom. Fun spiders to keep though, and they do grow fast.
Haha, glad I'm not the only one with curious Pumpkins! If I'm going to chase someone around my kitchen table, it's almost always one of them! Cutest little guys in the world though.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I got 5 of these Friday just gone 3 were pretty chilled the other 2 were skittish as hell haha I can see why you have difficulty seeing them though I couldn't see one of mine when it was sat on top of a cricket feeding lol their colours blend well with the substrate and feeders lol.