i just pulled the dumbest move i ever will on my scorpion

It_Glows

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am extremely worried, i found my scorpion only half way in her hide, i gave her a gentle blow to see how she would react, she did... but than i remembered i have the cold (i forgot because i'm almost over it) and so my question is... could the bacteria/virus be a threat to an emperor?

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's highly unlikely that a simple communicable cold amongst us humans could possibly have any effect on arachnids. Don't worry.

TBH

Regali$

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm no expert but im pretty sure diseases cannot be passed directly from a human to a tarantula, or vice versa.

although im sure this is an area where little research has been done, if any at all.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Only a few diseases can be transferred for humans to animals . In those cases it usually only works between humans and higher order mammals . I don't believe it's possible to transmit to an arachnid . There are just too many differences in our physical make up . I wouldn't worry at all . As an example how many times have had a cold and given it to your dog ?

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nah man

nah when they tested the atom bomb back in th 40's they reported that amongs the ruins in the desert that they tested on the radiation had no affect amongst the scorpions so the lil guy should be fine lol

Tim "The Scorpion Lord"

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nah when they tested the atom bomb back in th 40's they reported that amongs the ruins in the desert that they tested on the radiation had no affect amongst the scorpions so the lil guy should be fine lol

Tim "The Scorpion Lord"
I agree that it should be fine. I do think your statement needs a little correction though if you don't mind?

They may have said that it had no effect, and it may have not be noticeable right away, but there would have to be an effect. Radiation effects the cells of all living creatures in different ways in different amounts. But they are all effected. You can not input that much energy and not cause something to happen. :) r

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Tim "The Scorpion Lord"
One more thing sorry! But scorpions do die of disease and parasites. Mites can kill them right? So I don't think it's really correct to say that because they can temporarily survive a nuclear explosion, or not have noticeable effects, that we don't have to worry about them getting a disease. However, in this case, I agree with you that we don't have to worry. :) r

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Only a few diseases can be transferred for humans to animals . In those cases it usually only works between humans and higher order mammals . I don't believe it's possible to transmit to an arachnid . There are just too many differences in our physical make up . I wouldn't worry at all . As an example how many times have had a cold and given it to your dog ?
You can actually transmit viral infections to mammals such as hamsters.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
They have to different blood chemistry and genetic structure. It would be like running a Unix binary on Windows with no emulator.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Nah when they tested the atom bomb back in th 40's they reported that amongs the ruins in the desert that they tested on the radiation had no affect amongst the scorpions so the lil guy should be fine lol

Tim "The Scorpion Lord"
Since it is never too late for me to make a stupid comment...

No effect among the scorpions? Here is what was going on in the ruins that the government did not show you.

On a more serious note, I would think that the viruses that evolved to infect warm-blooded creatures would not have much impact on cold-blooded victims. But I am not a pathologist, so what do I know?

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Since it is never too late for me to make a stupid comment...

No effect among the scorpions? Here is what was going on in the ruins that the government did not show you.

On a more serious note, I would think that the viruses that evolved to infect warm-blooded creatures would not have much impact on cold-blooded victims. But I am not a pathologist, so what do I know?
I want one!!

Question: What's the minimum temperature needed for them to clear I-95 after you train him and get the saddle on? !!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Post from 2009, fairly certain he got his answer. :rolleyes:
So you’re telling me I’ve been giving the flu shot to my tarantulas since 2009 for no reason???