I just drove half an hour to...

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
...pick up a female P. irminia at the post office.

It's settling into it's new home as we speak...pictures will be up shortly as soon as I verify she's eating.

Should be in a day or two.

:)

I'm stoked...this is one of my favorite species.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats!! All of mine are tiny slings. I don't get to see much more then a striped leg occasionally.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gotta love to old skool T's.....its a beautiful T thats for sure...

wayne

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooh Man! I love P. irminia!:drool:
I have 14 2"+ slings running around:eek: , plus I just rehoused my Female tonight...wait until you see the sweet enclosure I picked up for a buck!:D

AND....Just got a MM for my girl...Good times are ahead!!!!

So yeah, like I said... I LOVE P Irms!

Can't wait to see some pics man...

Tim

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess I don't need to say I love irminia.
Congrats Chesh, great spiders!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's a shot of the container I'm keeping her in...on the left. Ignore the immature male P. cambredgei on the right...I just rehoused him tonight.

I'll be looking for an appropriately sized male as soon as she settles in.

These are the only photos I have of her as of now. I'm waiting for her to get settled in before I take more.

The P. cambredgei closer...

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You live a half hour from the post office? Man you must be out in the sticks, lol.

Very nice Ts. I have two little P. cambridgei slings and love them, was so tempted when I saw a 1" P. irminia at the pet shop the other day. I love the way Psalmo's move. The first pic of your irminia, with the glowing eyes, is awesome. She looks like a ninja

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wait, you like tarantulas? all this time I thought you were here to tell people in exact detail how wrong they are!

J/K!

Very cool Chesh! That is a great looking lady you've got there. Any breeding plans?

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awe, how clean!, they didnt made a mess otta that yet! give them a day or two {D , LOL

So true...Chesh, you may want to glue that water dish up higher, once she makes her tube web it will be hard to get down down to the bottome of that narrow container. You won't want to be reaching down there parallel to the tube, they are prone to attacking food right through the tube web wall.

She may also construct something elaborate that just won't let you reach the bottom.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have some of those very same containers. I figure I will have to re-house my irminia after the next molt, and picked a couple of those up.

I love the eye shine in the downward looking pics.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool T. I have a few Ts. I don't go to this section often though, so this may be old news. Filling water bowls is easy with a little hand-held pump-up sprayer set on "stream", good for misting too, better than the finger pump-spay type imo.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wait, you like tarantulas? all this time I thought you were here to tell people in exact detail how wrong they are!

J/K!

Very cool Chesh! That is a great looking lady you've got there. Any breeding plans?
As soon as she's mature.

She hasn't eaten or made a tube web yet.

As for the water dish, I simply have a sprayer that has a jet. I can aim it with pinpoint accuracy...even to the point where I can blast a roach into a web or burrow from nearly a foot away across various tank decorations ;)

I'm not at all worried. :)

Plus, I can't seem to find a bite report from an adult P. irminia...so if I can add my bit of information (I do all maintenance with bare hands, which I also don't reccomend), then more power to me.

I don't venture into the T forums too much except during shipping season. I'm more prevalent in TWH, Other Inverts and myriapods.

I do have an extensive invert collection and I'm trying to get (hand raised) females from every continent. I have slings from all continents except Europe.

So far, I have female Ts from North and South America and Asia. By the time I go off to graduate school, I'd like to have all six continents represented in my collections by female spiders because I will try to keep these with me until either they or I kick off.

This specimen will represent South America.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful girl you have there!
I would suggest adding holes on the sides of your containers, though.
You and they will benefit greatly from cross ventilation; more than just "upward" ventilation....
Good Luck! :)