I just bought a g pulchra sling 1.3cm big need help

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
oh the cricket was pre killed and left outside her closed off burrow she brought it in i cant get it out without ripping open her burrow and pulling it out from under her wont she take it out before it molds?
As long as it was pre killed its no harm. Yes it probably will take it out with bolus

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
Don't worry. Your Pulchra is just doing Pulchra things. Mine finally molted the other day and gained an easy half an inch. Mines been excavating like there's no tomorrow, dug up a new hole and buried the last one. The only t I'm worried about is the c. Versicolor. I only say worried because I've never had a sling this tiny. I bought a big home for it too AO I had to rehouse into a much smaller container. Think it's around 1/4 super tiny.

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Don't worry. Your Pulchra is just doing Pulchra things. Mine finally molted the other day and gained an easy half an inch. Mines been excavating like there's no tomorrow, dug up a new hole and buried the last one. The only t I'm worried about is the c. Versicolor. I only say worried because I've never had a sling this tiny. I bought a big home for it too AO I had to rehouse into a much smaller container. Think it's around 1/4 super tiny.
that is bloody small all mine are thankfully 1cm :p half an inch sounds like increadible size gain i thought they were slow growers, i am actually a little bit worried about my pulchra tho for anothe reason it doesent seem to have any spinnerets.... my albiceps has really obviouse moving spinnerts and its smaller than the pulchra which really does not seem to have any at all.

Last edited:

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Although I'm perfectly sure your G. pulchra is just settling in and becoming comfortable in its new surroundings, it would help immensely if you could post a clear picture of your T (maybe without the plastic?). ;)[/QUOTE]

these were the best pictures i could take im afraid all of the previouse pictures were taken on the same day (day that i got her and moved her in),and she has not been out for me since, also she looks bigger than she actually is in these, shes 1.2cm.
66502828_471624220063308_4564266822110543872_n.jpg 66510727_465034807644686_7532735697828970496_n.jpg

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
Yes It was a massive gain. But I feed mine as often as they will eat. I like my Tarantulas to be well fed but I'm not offering food every day. It's usually every 3 days. My prey items are fed super greens with fresh vegetables every couple of days. Like my feeders are so fat the Tarantulas love them. I also switch it up between crickets and worms n dubias. With regular misting one side of enclosure where the water is. I also watch for premolt so I can increase water to try to help with molting. Once a week ill mist most of the enclosure. If the substrate is bone dry I add a few sprits.

Can you try to get a pic of the entire enclosure and see if u can isolate a picture of the T from the top and of her abdomen?

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Can you try to get a pic of the entire enclosure and see if u can isolate a picture of the T from the top and of her abdomen?[/QUOTE]

i am atm feeding my 2 spiders every day/every other day i hope thats ok at this size il slow down once they are more established, and id really love to be able to do that xD but her burrow is actually completely closed off u cant see into it at all apart from at the side, and she never comes out ( or rather i have never seen her out i assume she only comes out at like 4 am lol). Do u think its likely il ever see her out during the day at this size.

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
Well.. Think of it like this. She's obviously much smaller then mine but... She's going to want to feel secure so she will stay underground until she gets to around 1 inch. If she's got a burrow let her be and offer food as often as she will take it. The only real issue with "overfeeding" is how long they will fast for the molt. However some t's will eat right through a molt with no hesitation. Some won't touch anything. Another thing to consider. I have a light setup that provides light so people can see into the enclosures and helps me to spot the tiny ones... Some Tarantulas hate light!! Like absolutely hate it. So they will hide more then normal. No two Tarantulas are going to be the same. My Pulchra is more badass then my a. Geniculata. But is also my most curious t I have. You will spot them out n about but remember most of them are nocturnal. I also have nocturnal lizards so almost 90% of my pictures are taken during the night. During the day my pet rock types are always visible. My old worlds are a whole other type of conversation. Like... They hunt me when it comes to cleaning or watering or maintenance. Lol there awesome.