I have no idea what it means!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What do you guys mean with the word OBT? Is it (obligate burrowing tarantula) or what? /Johan

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
or

Orange Baboon Tarantula. Pterinochilus murinus. ( I like bitey thing better obviously!)

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's a mean nasty baboon thing that is orange and bites without remorse lol. Thank Goddess the little B***ards are highly entertaining, good looking, and nearly bullet proof for keeping and breeding. Actually they are fantastic OW baboons, but the nickname is very well deserved. Seeing a T get so angry that it will flip on it's back, fangs flexing, and venom dripping just because your looking at it is enough to endear them to most of us.
Rev

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, it can stand for orange baboon tarantula, orange bitey thing, obnoxious bad attitude thing or any other meaning you want to assign to it.
But when people say OBT they mean Pterinochilus murinus, common name Usumbara orange baboon.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea ok me understand now! I have had a bunch of those and they all fitted in on that word! /Johan

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The names are right but don't fit all of them. My female is one of my sweetest T. Really!

apidaeman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The names are right but don't fit all of them. My female is one of my sweetest T. Really!
One of my females is very well behaved and always out. Certainly not the best behaved T I have, but definatly a nice T considering the species.

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, those ballet dancers are in great physical shape, have incredible speed and can put a real hurt on you while simultaneously leaping over your head. Sounds like a P.murinus to me.