i have a question about my rose haired eating habits

tool22

Arachnopeon
my rose haired hasnt ate in a week or so is it normal for it to go with out food for so long thanks /chase

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
its normal for them to go for up to 2 years [rose hairs that is] they liek to make you stress.. also they're known for their sykoness. do a search on rose hairs.. almost everyone has one.. I'm sure you'll come uf with a few facts

leo3375

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's a large thread on G. rosea care that you should check out.

My rosie hasn't been real hungry for the last three weeks. It has something to do with the weather, since it's been cold and rainy where I am lately. It's actually pretty normal for this species. They've even been known to go 2 years without food.

Don't worry too much. If your rosie won't eat right away, wait another week and try again. It could either be going on a fast or getting ready to molt. Or it could be because of the temperature in your house.

As long as the abdomen looks full and round you really shouldn't be worrying too much.

Abraxis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Tool...

As was said already and as you will read when you do your search... rosea's will fast... they LOVE stressing us out as the Malhavoc's have stated... mine hasn't eaten since just before I got her... and I got her in March... she kills crix... but doesn't eat... she drinks lots of water and has a fat bum... so all is good... when she is hungry... she knows what she has to do...

Peace Out

Ken

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My adult G.rosea hasn't eaten a thing in almost two years, yet she's still perfectly healthy. Make sure your one has access to a dish clean, fresh water. Offer a cricket or two every few weeks, taking them out if they are not eaten after a couple of days.

Not eating for a week is nothing to worry about at all. Most tarantula owners routinely feed their pets on a weekly or fortnightly basis. Half a dozen suitably sized crickets, all at once, every fortnight should be more than enough.

Do take the time to read up on the needs of your tarantula. There are plenty of great threads on this board that will answer all your questions. Use the search button. We'd all recommend The Tarantula Keepers Guide by Stan Shultz if want all your information in one handy book. Subscribing to the American Tarantula Society monthly Forum magazine would also be a good investment.