I Hate Crickets

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's why I have centipedes, and that's why I raise crickets, create a problem, create a solution, sound familiar? I don't really hate crickets.

disclaimer; no pedes were hurt during this photo shoot, stressed a little maybe{D, yes the cricket died, ...sorry PETA

Last edited:

Nanotrev

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Funny you should mention it. I just ordered a ton of Gryllodes sigillatus today and the pedes go MUCH crazier for them than they ever did the old feeder staple currently supplied by Timberline and a few others. Gryllodes sigillatus, the Banded cricket, is a lot faster though. Still- the S. heros chase them down and then mash their antennae against the substrate looking for more after they've eaten. My S. heros arizonensis especially really goes out of his way to look for more. So far even the S. dehaani go for them and the adult E. trignopodus savor them as well. Overall, I see a much higher feeding response. Now I'm just curious as to... why?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang I should've taken better pics of that pede while it was knocked out, but it was coming back fast. None of the adults have mites that I can see. I have them over here but they are being managed well. Yeah Trev that's kind of interesting to see them get desperate and ram their head in the dirt as it what they were wanting buried itself. I really like to raise my own feeders, really easy once you fine-tune it! gotta go!

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
"My neck, my only weakness!"

I just hate crickets! How often do you fee them?