i got a new camera

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
another one.

i know these arent the greatest shots in the world, but i am still getting used to all of these functions and zoom features and everything.

Attachments

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice scorps ! I really like the sweet coloration of the phaiodactylus. Could you tell me a little about them? Size, temperament, venom? Thanks!

DNK Pets

Arachnopeon
R U sure it is a Flat Rock and not a Fat Rock. My 1" one just shed for me. Daughter is going to take it to school tommorow(the skin not the scorp) lol.=D

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by DNK Pets
R U sure it is a Flat Rock and not a Fat Rock.
haha :}

as for the phaiodactylus, its about 2 - 3 inches, and is very quick to get in its defense stand and try to rip what ever you put near it in half. i have never seen it sting, or attempt to sting its prey or anything though. i'm pretty sure (not 100% positive) that their venom isnt supposed to be so bad.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
NIce Scorpions there. I just realized...I'm listening to the Scorpions right now too.*This random thought was brought to you by Complete Idiot Inc.* But anyway, once I get my new Scorpions I'll post pics of them in the Forums here. And I'll try to get good shots of Sasori. She just hates getting her picture taken.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really nice pics how big is your flat rock? Mine is only about 3 inches.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, your h. arizonensis is pregnant, you can see this because the tergites are separated. Correct me if I'm wrong.. :)

Frank

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does anyone else have an opinion on whether or not my desert hairy is gravid or not?

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hadrurus scorpions are well known for eating large amounts and becoming extremely thick. I have one that is quite a bit thicker and not gravid. Some of the other females are much thicker than that and are gravid. Might be, might not, but with this genus it's almost impossible to tell off size alone.

adios,
edw. :)

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by XOskeletonRED
Hadrurus scorpions are well known for eating large amounts and becoming extremely thick. I have one that is quite a bit thicker and not gravid. Some of the other females are much thicker than that and are gravid. Might be, might not, but with this genus it's almost impossible to tell off size alone.

adios,
edw. :)

alright, thanks. i guess i'll just have to wait and see. :)

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and this was the only pic i was able to get of either of my emperors. they both barely ever leave their burrow, and when they do, its not far from the half log that is above the burrow. and most of the time as soon as i move the screen top, they run back into the burrow.

Attachments