I got a look at the underside today

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey all, just wondering about my spiders, i BELIEVE they are avic. avic. but they look alot like A. Brushauni anyways. the bigger of the two has what seem to be two large lumps near the front part of the abdomen (butt) they are small circle things and i had heard male spiders have hooks or something, is that what these are? i would take a pic but my digicam seems to not take good shots up close. i know whithout a pic its tough but i dont think the "circle things" are anything bad. they look natural and are spaced evenly on the abdomen underside near the front.
thanks in advance...

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Think those are book lungs- hooks if they have them will appear on the front pair of legs.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the book lungs stick out from the body? i thought the booklungs were entirely internal...I'm not looking at a molt this is ON the spider.
...Yes i am a noob...lol

EDIT: i know spiders have 8 legs, but what are the front two small leg like things for? are those like their hands?

Last edited:

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you're saying it "sticks" out of the body- then I have no clue what it is. If you're talking about two small light color patches(actually there are four) ON either side of the abdomen near the top, then they're book lungs. The lungs are internal but they do have openings. ;)