I got a communal ground beetle enclosure going and it gave me a new outlook on life

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Ok so I'm thinking of writing a stand up routine and I wanted to write a bit about this situation but idk if the mods would allow me to to that so I'll give you the serious educational version. So I got a communal ground beetle enclosure set up and noticed two of them mateing and it made me think wow as humans in a communal environment we would never allow that but in the animal kingdom no one cares about that and now I'm thinking that we've evolved so far from our ancestors that we have almost none of the same values and how instead of fighting over small things like who gets this leaf to hide under we fight over our own ideals and instead of living peacefully together we all bicker and fight over what we think is right and wrong and I'm thinking maybe we evolved too far... kind of depressing and uplifting at the same time

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
I don't think it's the fact that we evolved to far......humans just have two qualities (that seem to grow larger the longer we as a species live) that most other life on earth doesn't have......humongous egos and self centeredness.

But back to the beetles :cool:.....Do you have different Asbolus sp ? or do you have some Eleodes as well?...though I don't have a desert communal yet it is on my loooooong list of things

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I don't think it's the fact that we evolved to far......humans just have two qualities (that seem to grow larger the longer we as a species live) that most other life on earth doesn't have......humongous egos and self centeredness.

But back to the beetles :cool:.....Do you have different Asbolus sp ? or do you have some Eleodes as well?...though I don't have a desert communal yet it is on my loooooong list of things
To be honest I have no idea what kind I have all I know is that I went out for Scarites subterraneus and came back with a ton of these guys but they seem promising I know for a fact there ground beetles because they look exactly like what comes up on Google for ground beetles and I'm excited to feed them because there predatory just need to get some worms and or slugs there are already 4 mateing so that's cool too

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I have a communal desert beetle set up with several different species of beetles. Watching how well they all get along and just go about living their lives in peace despite the size differences and habits I have thought before how much simpler life would be if humans could just mind their own business and do the same. Never going to happen though.